• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

The new-to-me 2004 R1150r. Put 100 miles on her so far and lots more to go...

I had one of those! In Silver! Plate holder said Hi-Ho Silver! It was a great ride...

Nice machine, welcome to the funny farm!

PS. No matter what color, an R is WAY faster than a RS! (But Silver R's are the quickest of the R bikes):dance

I had one of those! In Silver! Plate holder said Hi-Ho Silver! It was a great ride...

Nice machine, welcome to the funny farm!

PS. No matter what color, an R is WAY faster than a RS! (But Silver R's are the quickest of the R bikes):dance

Well, when your speed calculation includes ferry transits, a bicycle might be faster than an RS.

How can I believe this guy when he can't spell? :)
View attachment 50473

Do you really want to go there? Now we'll have to listen to that whole story about how Canada won the war. The one in 1812, that is.

Then, some dimwit will have a caustic remark about hockey, or other frozen, flat world activity.

So, let Samuel Johnson & Noah Webster "duke it out" in the great beyond.

In the the mean time, we should return to discussing the insecurities of one letter Oilhead riders and poor color selection.

How can I believe this guy when he can't spell? :)

Keeping with the theme...

View attachment 50473

#1: That letter "u" comes in handy when playing Scrabble.
#2: That's the view RS riders typically have of "S" bikes. Especially the blue ones. :D
#3: That picture was taken in Seabeck's state, just south of Yakima. It was 42 degrees at the time. Celsius. Translate to US degrees: Frickin' hot!

Who says money can't buy happiness:)

Enjoy and disregard the snarky comments from the "S" folks. Being that they ride BMW's with only one letter in the model name, they're envious of those riders with the more endowed models, as signified by the two letters in the name.

Well, maybe money can't buy happiness, but it can by an RT, which to my mind is happiness distilled!

And yes, endowment does matter...;)

Beautiful, looks like new, love the color, congrats!

I see you're a fan of the Alaska Butt Pad - true luxury living - me too.

Johnny

Are you referring to the fleece pad or the backrest? I'm new to the pad, but had a backrest on my first RT (same vintage as this one, same color, too) and knew I wanted one for this one.

I rode 2400 miles in 6 days (actually in 5 days - took a break on day 3), my first riding in 12 years (!) and the backrest made all the difference.
I always wear my 'Stich when I ride, so I'm not sure how much effect the fleece pad has. It came with the bike, whereas I added the backrest when I bought the bike. Still had a serious case of monkey butt after 5 days nearly continuous riding. Maybe I should put the fleece pad INSIDE the 'Stich? :idea

The color made me buy the bike again, after a 12 year riding hiatus. I'm a sucker for that color, and it's the same as the RT I had before.

Kind of makes you feel like you can go home again. :)

Back