• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Kinda quiet here... I rolled my '95 RS out of the garage this sunny morning and snapped a picture. Rode it to work and did not want to stop! Love my RS. :love

2014-05-30 07.22.15 (800x600).jpg

MarkM - What windscreen are you running?

It is a Cee Bailey's, about 18" tall x 18" wide. I've got the version without the "flip", which is a huge improvement over the stock R1100RS windshield. No turbulence and less noise! In the winter I raise it up a bit. Looks better than stock too.

Hmmm...

Well compared to "stealthed" GS's, I'd have to agree...

But compared to a Gray/Mandarin, Boxer Cup, or even a Pathetic Blue S, not so much! :laugh:D

(BTW, Mark's RS is quite lovely... :bow)

Bill, I'd be disappointed if you didn't chime in. And thank you for the parenthetical compliment--is that sort of like crossing your fingers behind your back? :lol

Bill, I'd be disappointed if you didn't chime in. And thank you for the parenthetical compliment--is that sort of like crossing your fingers behind your back? :lol

Yeah...sort of! :laugh

Enjoy your weekend! :drink

PS. Many moons ago, I talked a buddy into buying a pristine, lightly used RS. I did this to prevent a big hit to my wallet! And yes, he still owns that bike, the only one he's kept more than a year.... :D

PPS. That RS was black as well...next to Gray/Mandarin, I like black bikes a lot...LOL

Took the flag bike out today to rotate some fuel...this bike just brings on a BIG :D
Just keeps me from buying stuff that doesn't fit in the Smuggler trunk.

P1010098.jpg

My oh my! That's a beauty.

I've often thought Mr Henson's ride to be one of the finest custom painted S bikes I've ever seen gracing this forum. For awhile I even contemplated redoing my S in a similar fashion, but with the Seahawks colors. (Then I came to my senses...lol). :thumb

Thanks! Hard to be low key-under the radar on that bike:laugh

Had a similar issue with a Fly Yellow Ducati 900 SS/SP a few years back...know exactly what you mean! Before that a Red Duc 900 SS/CR, seems you combined the best colors so the cops could see you more clearly? :laugh

I think he parked it among the lawn tractors (in the distance) to see if anyone would notice...kind of like ET hiding in the closet among all the stuffed animals. I have a feeling he did not fool anybody. ;)

I did park with them for a shot a few years back in Things that match your bike.

I rode a buds Duc Super Sport and was immediately pulled over for a looksy. Some bikes just do that, regardless of velocity!

Our fun, but not as fun '95 Roadster...what Helen was riding when we met. She wants this to become a Scrambler when I "have some time":laugh

Attachments

• 20140610_100400-M.jpg
    20140610_100400-M.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 296
Post a picture of your oilhead

Took the flag bike out today to rotate some fuel...this bike just brings on a BIG :D
Just keeps me from buying stuff that doesn't fit in the Smuggler trunk.

View attachment 45614

It coordinates well with the cub cadets in the background.

Edit: guess that has already been discussed, but seeing as those mowers put a roof over my head, I'm happy to see them. If you could each post photos of cubs in your garages, I'd be happier yet.

Back