• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

james1300 and bigdelta, you will notice these S bikes rders are constantly buzzing around like mosquitoes. The rest of us will need your help swatting them and keeping them at bay. :)

Here's a pick of another 1100S added to the fold. Riding from Minnesota to California. Been through South Dakota and Wyoming and am in Laramie right now. Looking forward to Colorado and Utah!

Attachments

• IMG_00000012.jpg
    IMG_00000012.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 360
Here's a pick of another 1100S added to the fold. Riding from Minnesota to California. Been through South Dakota and Wyoming and am in Laramie right now. Looking forward to Colorado and Utah!

leaving Laramie by going over Snowy Range (WY130) is your best (scenic, curves, low traffic) option, assuming you are heading west from there. Stay off the I-State! WY 230 ain't bad if you're trying to head south.

BC1100S, looks like you are traveling pretty thin...not a lot of luggage on the bike. Be safe. Report in when you get a chance.

I was at Gateway BMW yesterday and saw a nice red S with a "Sold" tag on it. I guess someone had to settle for the S as they did not have any RS's for sale.

That School Bus Yellow S is beautimus, perhaps you could talk your friend into trading it for your Pathetic Blue machine. Heck, you could even throw in a few hundred bucks to encourage him!

Meanwhile, wish I was there, instead of here!!! :)

leaving Laramie by going over Snowy Range (WY130) is your best (scenic, curves, low traffic) option, assuming you are heading west from there. Stay off the I-State! WY 230 ain't bad if you're trying to head south.

Went south from Laramie to Hwy 14. Freaking wonderful. Got on Hwy 40 into Steamboat Springs and ended up in Craig for the night. A few showers between Steamboat and Craig but nothing ridiculous. Bike is running great but could use aftermarket shocks. If there is more to post I'll start a new thread in the Oilheads section.

At the risk of giving ammo to the RS riders :), my S from today. I'd had such a nice day riding the back roads of Lancaster County, PA.

Image%201-L.jpg

Preliminary diagnosis is stripped clutch output spline.:dunno

My first Oilhead. 2002 1150rt

This was my first oilhead. It had 29K when I bought it 4 years ago and has 70K now. Just purchased a 2005 1200. Pic to come.DSC00208.jpg

Back