• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Sonova "B" !!!

Glad you're ok, K75S! I hit a deer last year in similar circumstance to yours but somehow I didn't go down. Glad you were wearing proper gear although, having met you, an open-face helmet may have improved your looks. :laugh

So, what are you going to replace the 1100S with? Keep us posted and heal up quickly.

So good to hear that you will reach complete recovery.
We have only possums around here in New Zealand,but i came here from Europe and there you will find domestic animals wondering across the highways.
All the Best,get well!

did you get any venison?

no - looked at the dead dear and really was not thinking about food

, considering hanging up my spurs.

I was hoping I did not scare anyone too bad

, having met you, an open-face helmet may have improved your looks. :laugh

yeah, most women including my wife prefer that I wear my helmet ALL the time!

So, what are you going to replace the 1100S with?

A bicycle for now :laugh

no - looked at the dead dear and really was not thinking about food

I was hoping I did not scare anyone too bad

yeah, most women including my wife prefer that I wear my helmet ALL the time!

A bicycle for now :laugh

Good to see you've definitely recovered...your sense of humor!:dance

Your tale didn't scare me off, I've just been considering hanging up my spurs for quite a number of reasons. My S is a great machine, even if BC1100S makes fun of it, I may just keep it as a garage queen if I quit riding.

Cheers!:drink

If k75s resumes riding he is obviously going to move up to the elite level and ride an RS. His dreams will come true. His life's mission, a success. :)

along those lines...

as posted by pffog in the free association photo thread

attachment.php

going to move up to the elite level and ride an RS.

You know Bluehole, so far I had not considered that a possibility, but now I have a clean sheet of paper to work from and I would not rule out an RS. On the other hand, the way that I attract deer, this may be my best oilhead option:

Attachments

• bmw 002_45.JPG
    bmw 002_45.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 284
Gee, I was sorta hoping you'd make me an offer I couldn't refuse for my '04 Gray/Mandarin S.

How can I compete with airplane???:scratch

Cheers!:dance

Hello from South Eastern Washinton! Home of the BMW 'Freedom Riders'!

Located In the TriCities. Member of 'The Freedom Riders', No Rulz Just Ride'. We are a chartered BMW MOA Club.
Meetings the FIRST Thursday of every month.
This is my 1995 R1100R in the 'Columbia River Gorge' on my way to the BMW MOA Nationals this summer.

Last edited:
If k75s resumes riding he is obviously going to move up to the elite level and ride an RS. His dreams will come true. His life's mission, a success. :)

His dreams will come true? Shirley, you jest. There are plenty of good low-mileage "S" bikes out there. OR, he could buy a new 1200R and put a small headlight fairing on it. Saw one at the rally I just returned from and it looked sharp. I'll still rag on him but at least he won't be stooping to riding an RS.

:D

His dreams will come true? Shirley, you jest. There are plenty of good low-mileage "S" bikes out there. OR, he could buy a new 1200R and put a small headlight fairing on it. Saw one at the rally I just returned from and it looked sharp. I'll still rag on him but at least he won't be stooping to riding an RS.

:D

How did Shirley get involved here?:scratch

Yes they are. And worth their weight in gold. Put them on at the '49er' rally years ago. On the
way home, almost the way home it snowed.

I have a pair on my RS and they are fantastic in cold weather. They keep the wind off the outside of the hands and with heated grips the hands are pretty comfortable on cold days.

I have a pair on my RS and they are fantastic in cold weather. They keep the wind off the outside of the hands and with heated grips the hands are pretty comfortable on cold days.

Yeah? Well, a guy named 'Rich' who owned an RS was installing them on his bike when I saw them.
It was really his idea. The dealer must have thought something was up when he sold 2 sets at the 49er rally.
They are GREAT!

Back