• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

:dunno and here I thought this thread was about pictures. I musta had a hangover yesterday morning :hungover. I promise I won't put any more pictures up in the wrong threads. :wave bye

Looking good, Barry

Are you going to keep it in for the whole winter? I mentioned doing that once but THE look I got told me maybe I shouldn't. :nono

I always thought it would be nice to have a house with a sliding glass door to the basement. How cool would that be to have a nice heated storage area right next to the family room.

Rich said:
Are you going to keep it in for the whole winter? I mentioned doing that once but THE look I got told me maybe I shouldn't. :nono

I always thought it would be nice to have a house with a sliding glass door to the basement. How cool would that be to have a nice heated storage area right next to the family room.

I don't know Rich, I think I put it away too soon. After the snow and cold last week I thought the riding weather was over. It would have been a great day for a ride today, just got my WarmnSafe heated jacket liner today too but unfortunately I was too busy at work to take off early.

Barry

mrmaico said:
Cold in Wi.? Not here in ND, it's a balmy 72, great weather for taking pics! :ha
Actually I probably could have rode today, temp made it up to 40 but so did the wind. It was so cold here last week though that I just couldn't stand seeing my baby setting out in that cold garage so I had to try and see how hard it was to get through the door (36")....not bad at all actually, just had to wiggle the bars through a little. No, I'm not married. :brow

Barry
ye36qv.jpg

Barry, you're a wacko! And I love it!

mrmaico said:
Cold in Wi.? Not here in ND, it's a balmy 72, great weather for taking pics! :ha
Actually I probably could have rode today, temp made it up to 40 but so did the wind. It was so cold here last week though that I just couldn't stand seeing my baby setting out in that cold garage so I had to try and see how hard it was to get through the door (36")....not bad at all actually, just had to wiggle the bars through a little. No, I'm not married. :brow

Barry
ye36qv.jpg

Ok Barry, you got me on this, and I'm married with kid's in the house, don't know how well it would go over it I put the RT in the kitchen (closer to the garage), but some 20 years ago I did manage to get my Yamaha Seca into the apartment.

This is my 95 GS about a week after purchasing it new. It is parked on the trail to Kaena Point Oahu. I wish it looked that clean now.
HI008.jpg

Here's My Bike @ the local hangout

Heeeeeeeerreeeeeeeeeee's Johnny!!

hpim0129.jpg.w560h420.jpg

We are wondering if "100% Columbian" means arabica or robusta... oh well.

Last edited:
My 2004 R1100S

Had to add another Beemer to the family. :burnout

Attachments

• BMW a.jpg
    BMW a.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2,282
My 2000 R1100RT

This photo is actually from the dealer's web site. I bought the bike a week and a half ago. The roads up here in Edmonton are not what I would consider safe for riding so the bike is being stored at the dealer until probably the beginning-middle of April. When I pick it up, I will post a better picture.

Attachments

• Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,174
Last edited:
smokewagon said:
Had to add another Beemer to the family. :burnout

nice bike smokewagon, one cosmetic improvement you might consider making is removing that ugly can thats haning off the right side of the bike under the seat,

easy instructions here: Cannister Removal

it really cleans up the lines on the back end of an S:

Attachments

• nocharcol.jpg
    nocharcol.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 2,172
I'm a k-bike owner but when I was making my decision, I personally was leaning very strongly towards the 1200RT. Only after the other half really hammered me with her input did I mosey over to the LT and ultimately choose it for its all around comfort and cruising abilities.

But, after seeing all these pics of the Rs, IÔÇÖm dyin.....maybe I need an RT in the garage too--or better yet, in the dining room, you know--for those days when the lady of the house is out and about on her own......

Thanks to all of you for sharing these great pics!

:lurk

finally finished setting up my r1200rt

Attachments

• bike06.jpg
    bike06.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,156
Back