• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Probably helps that I'm a bit ape like. Long torso/arms...short legs! :thumb

In the early years (20's) racing AFM with the likes of Steve Baker/ Kenny Roberts trying to keep up yielded numerous drops to only give way to bad knees and other aches at 60. The only good thing about riding my r1100rsl is that having a short torso long legs I can still ride comfortably without being too cramped on long journeys. I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding.

"I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding."

Not picking an argument with you but. It really doesn't work for everyone. I do some sort of regimented exercise most days of the week, but my hips & knees still hurt if I stay in one position for too long. Add cold weather?...it's worse. Now I will say that I may feel even worse if I did not exercise but??!!

This was discussed in another thread, and I truly believe it comes down to genetics.

"I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding."

Not picking an argument with you but. It really doesn't work for everyone. I do some sort of regimented exercise most days of the week, but my hips & knees still hurt if I stay in one position for too long. Add cold weather?...it's worse. Now I will say that I may feel even worse if I did not exercise but??!!

This was discussed in another thread, and I truly believe it comes down to genetics.

I tend to agree with the comment about genetics. Aerobic exercise for me is very difficult with my heart condition. Some stretching/flexibility exercises are about all I can handle. Also find that the more I ride, the more my comfort level increases. Of course having ridden Ducati's for 10 years I learned to adapt myself to the machine. LOL

:whistle

I tend to agree with the comment about genetics. Aerobic exercise for me is very difficult with my heart condition. Some stretching/flexibility exercises are about all I can handle. Also find that the more I ride, the more my comfort level increases. Of course having ridden Ducati's for 10 years I learned to adapt myself to the machine. LOL

:whistle

Again, not arguing but I always thought aerobics was good for the heart ?

Again, not arguing but I always thought aerobics was good for the heart ?

It is...but after nine heart surgeries I was left with a big patch of scar tissue on the left side of the ticker. Have constant angina, and very little capacity for aerobic types of activity. Bad genes in my family.

But hey, I'm still six feet over, and riding! ;)

It is...but after nine heart surgeries I was left with a big patch of scar tissue on the left side of the ticker. Have constant angina, and very little capacity for aerobic types of activity. Bad genes in my family.

But hey, I'm still six feet over, and riding! ;)

I admire your spirit,& wish you well !

Thanks, I'm one of those rare one percenters that some docs talk about. It's all good!

Best wishes to you and yours...! ;)

My 2002 R1150 GS

Taconic Parkway North heading to ride in Massachusetts Oct 2012

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 218
Interesting. I am not familiar with the Taconic Parkway. I looked it up on the map and it appears to be sort of a four lane Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice setting. Must have been a beautiful ride.

Interesting. I am not familiar with the Taconic Parkway. I looked it up on the map and it appears to be sort of a four lane Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice setting. Must have been a beautiful ride.

really, it's not THAT nice. Better than the thruway. Prety much anything named Parkway in the northeast is a better ride option than Thruways or I-states.

lets try this again

photo-1.jpeg

it shows upbcorrectly on my iphone, bunt upside down on my android tablet. Lets see what happens when i load it from the tablet.

Not the sexiest bike BMW ever made, but it is growing on me ;)

Here is my 2000 R1100R, had it 2 years and I have put about 15k miles on it. It is a great bike, but it's time for the factory seat to go!

BMWR1100R_zps3001c8bb.jpg

Last edited:
Trouble makers

must start list...

I think I will start a list too. S Bike trouble makers:

SeabeckS
BC1100S
k75s
terham
festes
Rad
bikerfish1100
Nishka

Honorable Mention:

ANDYVH - Got to sneak up to Wisconsin and ride his R100RS while he is at work.

Well, if we are going to be labeled trouble makers, might as well look the part - come get your jackets

Attachments

• sons of oilheads copy.jpg
    sons of oilheads copy.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Back