• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Rt 250 in Virginia at the West Virginia state line. On the way to Columbus, Ohio last Friday.

View attachment 39903

This is the view S riders get of an RS.

This post needs to be moved to the "Post a picture of an abandoned by the roadside R1100RS/1150RS" forum.
Which is right next to the "Post a picture of a Harley for Sale by the roadside in September" forum. :dance

Last edited:
:)

Okay k75s. I have to admit that is pretty funny. Dean Wormer has just placed you back on Double Secret Probation. Isn't it about time you looked into purchasing a hexhead?

Dean Wormer has just placed you back on Double Secret Probation.
Yeah, I better cool it. I feel like I am one step away from a visit to the principal's office. (Why do I feel like we all went to grade school together and drove the teachers nuts?)

Isn't it about time you looked into purchasing a hexhead?
That is a good idea - a 2007 R1200S would look great in my collection!

Riding down the south ramp of Passo Gavia in Italy.
GPS: N46 18.370 E10 30.479

Forget the bike; what scenery and roads!

IMG_0939-XL.jpg

Alex: do you have shop space where you can work on your Euro-bike? And when do you do your maintenance - after, or before your annual trip?

Alex: do you have shop space where you can work on your Euro-bike? And when do you do your maintenance - after, or before your annual trip?

Lube changes are always done at end of tour.

Maintenance (setting valves, synching throttle bodies, tire changes, etc) at either end.

I notice you have a flat seat?..on your GS. Is that original ? Is it comfortable?

Ron

That red & grey seat is original and came on my 2003 GS Adventure. It is comfortable enough. All my seats are factory and I've done my share of thousand milers on them.

The seat that came on my 2004 GS Adventure was "stepped" (see pic below) and better for riders with shorter legs. I found it too low as I flat foot my 2003 GS Adventure with the taller seat. It put too much of a bend in my knees while riding.

P6260107-L.jpg

Blue Ridge Parkway?

I've been up and down that road about 10 times. Bluehole, ever trailered your bike over there? :D Just kidding.

The only "horror story" I ever encountered were the Gold Wings holding up lines of cars and refusing to use the pull outs to let faster traffic past.

You have been on it more than I! I usually go early in the day, weekdays or "off season" (which is what walerch appears to have done). My son hopped on the BRP this morning in Roanoke and realized he made a big mistake. It was a big fogfest.

I've been up and down that road about 10 times. Bluehole, ever trailered your bike over there? :D Just kidding.

The only "horror story" I ever encountered were the Gold Wings holding up lines of cars and refusing to use the pull outs to let faster traffic past.

I've ridden it [in pieces] twice. about a year ago, I got a bee in my bonnet, and decided to do the whole thing..North-South. It was about the most pleasant two & half days I've ever spent. Perfect weather, Tue,Wed, & Thur AM..I had it almost to myself. Turned around at the bottom and went to Maggie Valley kicked back for a day...came home. Through Cherokee, Gatlinburg , Cumberland Gap.

Next time I'll add Skyline Drive...another I've only done[actually] just a short stretch.

Back