• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Rt 657, Greenwood Church Road, running north across the South Anna River just north of Richmond.

226907867-L.jpg

At Rt 54 and the South Anna River

226908101-L.jpg

Right in my neck of the woods. I can't count how many times I have crossed over that 657 bridge. It's much nicer since it's been widened to 2 full lanes. :thumb

My 2000 R1100RT

This is how I bought it, but I am making a few changes so I have something to keep me from going bonkers this winter. Looking forward to going to Gillette this year!

Attachments

• OLY200710 026.jpg
    OLY200710 026.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 744
BMW Phoenix

Here is my Son-In-Law's BMW Phoenix. Just about at every intersection or gas station he has people ask him what is that he is riding. I think this and the Montauk are two of the greatest cruisers ever designed. I am just sorry they have been discontinued, again these cycles were probably a victim of BMW's marketing strategy.

Attachments

• Phoenix.jpg
    Phoenix.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
Hey Rob...

Here is my Son-In-Law's BMW Phoenix. Just about at every intersection or gas station he has people ask him what is that he is riding. I think this and the Montauk are two of the greatest cruisers ever designed. I am just sorry they have been discontinued, again these cycles were probably a victim of BMW's marketing strategy.

...Send him over to check out Chromeheads.org if he hasn't been there yet!

I agree with your comment, too.

Yellow

I have a yellow GMC Canyon and my Son-In-Law has a BMW Pheonix with the Yellow (a few entries above). I think it is a great motorcycle color. I can't but help believe it is safer and yellow is a color of optimists. Did you paint it yourself?

Attachments

• GMCCanyon.JPG
    GMCCanyon.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 880
The fairing was delivered with primer.
I had it painted to match my helmet.
It has increased my confidence that the guy up at the stop sign is going to see me.
The color is not so effective at night but during the day you can easily spot me 1/4 mile away.
I read on this thread about guys wanting to 'blackout' their bikes.
Doesn't seem the way to go, but I guess that's just my opinion.

Black Outs

I think that "black outs" are OK during the day, but at night black seems like a dangerous color.

I be told that the biggest risk to us is head on and rear end collisions. When people turns into us the color does not really matter as they just see the front of the bike. That is why I normally have my brights on at all times with yellow running lights. White running lights may leave the driver thinking that he sees a car far away. I like the engine LED sets, but they are illegal in most states. That extra color really makes a cycle stand out at night.

You're right, the bright color didn't keep me from getting rear-ended.
But from the front and the side I am very visible during the day.
That's a good idea about extra running lights.
I guess those help during the day too, huh?
Don't know about the yellow ones.
I'll have to check that out.

Reguardless, you have a beautiful bike. The yellow is sharp and should be easy to see, except for blind idiot drivers without insurance.

I have a safty page on www.cyclecranks.com

Check it out and see what you think.

R1150RT on a Sunday ride to the General Store

A short trip to the general store for a lottery ticket and a cold drink. 47 miles round trip from my house through great canyons and over toll roads in South Orange County, California.

Attachments

• GeneralStore001.jpg
    GeneralStore001.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 787
Fun to ride 2004 R1150RT
Taking a break during a January spin along Rts 33 & 42 in Ohio.

Chris

Attachments

• January2008 640x480.jpg
    January2008 640x480.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 759
after a bath... last spring.

Attachments

• P1010462_new.JPG
    P1010462_new.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 740
Holy Moly! Anyone else catch a glimse at DPeakMD's garage floor? It might as well have been a living room floor. You feather dust the RT before you put it back into the "clean room". :laugh Seriously, you keep that place clean...wish mine looked that nice.

Holy Moly! Anyone else catch a glimse at DPeakMD's garage floor? It might as well have been a living room floor. You feather dust the RT before you put it back into the "clean room". :laugh Seriously, you keep that place clean...wish mine looked that nice.

Won't take him too long to figure out if he's got an oil leak.

Back