• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

A Well Used '00 R1100RS

Here's a photo of my '00 R1100RS, 112K, in Yosemite NP, two springs ago:

Attachments

• P1010020a.jpg
    P1010020a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 271
That is a nice shot, like the sort of silver on silver affect!

And nice to see another retired firefighter here too, you live in some beautiful country in Riggins...

Cheers!

Nice picture. I have the same bike, but need to get out on the road to catch your miles. :)

Thanks. Not sure where the miles come from but seems like I'm always changing tires and oil. I've got 165K on the dirt hack, 131K on the ST. Been the sole owner on them and the Oilhead. The K's are new to me but I've got about 3K on the EML since taking delivery a month ago. Life is so much better retired.:)

That is a nice shot, like the sort of silver on silver affect!

And nice to see another retired firefighter here too, you live in some beautiful country in Riggins...

Cheers!

Thanks Bill. Where did you retire from? I still fly air attack in the summer for the USFS when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks Bill. Where did you retire from? I still fly air attack in the summer for the USFS when the opportunity presents itself.

Last place was Bellevue WA FD, 8 years there as Assistant Fire Marshal. Prior to that 18 years in Nevada, 16 of that with Division of Forestry. Started as summer crew on a truck at Reno Base, ended my time there as NDF BC for Douglas County area. Still miss those big blue skies!

Retired early in 2000 with a bum ticker, but enjoying EVERY single day...:groovy

Cheers! Bill

EXACTLY. Want to throw in a switch to kill the tail/brake lights as well. I know they have a european switch that will kill the headlight. Thinking the ability to disappear might come in handy down in central and south america

EXACTLY. Want to throw in a switch to kill the tail/brake lights as well. I know they have a european switch that will kill the headlight. Thinking the ability to disappear might come in handy down in central and south america

If that is the goal, I'd be tempted to route the grounds for all lights (brake, tail, head, turn, dash) through a common switch that could kill evrything all at once.

If that is the goal, I'd be tempted to route the grounds for all lights (brake, tail, head, turn, dash) through a common switch that could kill everything all at once.

And I thought of that too, but really I don't need to mess with the turn lights, those are always under my control.
The headlight and rear lights are running on different circuits, I kinda want to keep them that way. Might not matter, but if it didn't, why would BMW have them separate? :dunno

Just received my new Fuzeblock [www.fuzeblocks.com], so I'll be tearing into the wiring here in the next couple days to route the switch(es?).

Out of curiosity, has anyone here done a mod like this with a killswitch for all lights? :hide All input welcome

I bought this 1999 R1100GS last November with 108,000 miles for $2,900. It has been to the Artic Circle three times. Wow, is it ever an animal! It is big, heavy, and smooth at 70 mph. Oh, did I mention it is heavy? I've dumped it three times already this spring while at a standstill. I've got the Heidenau K60s to go on after planting season (I'm a farmer, and you are actually looking at a piece of farm equipment). I also have Hyperpro shocks arriving this week from Klaus, ... perhaps I have more money than sense, but everybody says aftermarket shocks are the best improvement one can make.

0471_zps1a4316b4.jpg

Back