• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

e7a969e5a7a24cca3330b624e1770318.jpg

First ride of the year to Emerson Point Preserve in Palmetto, Fl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The day before I bought her. Now waiting for the weather to improve so I may ride her.
QUOTE]

She looks real nice in black - makes me think the design team may have had it in mind all along. (mine is blue)

I've traveled across Nebraska a few times but never on a bike (yet!)

Put a stock size 12” screen on, immediately fixed my right hand falling asleep. I never liked the look of the 17” screen that was on it when I got it. I think I still want to put the bars over the clamp.
IMG_2072-L.jpg

Put a stock size 12” screen on, immediately fixed my right hand falling asleep. I never liked the look of the 17” screen that was on it when I got it. I think I still want to put the bars over the clamp.
View attachment 77600

I put RapidDog risers on mine, lowered the pegs too. I use a taller windscreen sometimes in the winter but like you, prefer the smaller stock screen in the summer.

Put an aftermarket seat on too. A Corbin with an extra layer of softer foam on top.

Of course, black is the best color . . . .:)

I put RapidDog risers on mine, lowered the pegs too. I use a taller windscreen sometimes in the winter but like you, prefer the smaller stock screen in the summer.

Put an aftermarket seat on too. A Corbin with an extra layer of softer foam on top.

Of course, black is the best color . . . .:)

Moving the bars above the clamps is a huge change. If one needs more, the Rapid Dogs are a great solution. For my height the stock screen also worked best.

Pacific Blue rules. There is no discussion on this. :)

An s-Bike Pandemic Ride

Out for a ride today. Easy to social distance on a motorbike!

Olympic Mountains from the Hood Canal (really a fjord). Salt water to 6000'. About half an hour from my house.

Hood%20Canal%20Olympic%20Mtns_zps7mllhaw6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A craft distillery in Hoodsport. Good stuff!

Hood%20Canal%20Hardware%20Distillery_zpss2sigqw3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a picnic lunch at the Ranger Hole trailhead. Named for a stretch of the Duckabush River where early forest rangers (circa 1920) used to fish. A historic ranger station is also here. Cool place.

Hood%20Canal%20Ranger%20Hole%20TH_zpsoaempapr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I hated the red at first but it's growing on me, no choices there. The missus says it looks like a Russian mail order bride.

I bought a set of bar backs but I haven't managed to find the circlips to release the sliders from the top clamp. So far the below bars aren't uncomfortable but I could see how being a little more upright would be nice.
IMG_2416_heic-L.jpg

.....but I haven't managed to find the circlips to release the sliders from the top clamp.

If memory serves me correctly (no guarantees there!) I believe you'll have to loosen the bars and the triple clamp, slide the tubes UP through the triple clamp to expose the circlips, remove them, and then slide the tubes down to get the bars off. Then, slide the tubes back up about 25mm or so above the clamp and slide the bars back on over the triple clamp. Don't forget to tighten everything up!

Back