• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

39E05B59-ED60-403C-8151-80CF2F9748EC.jpg

Do you think the blue one might be to nice for me
1994 R1100RS the pearl silver one
1995 R1100RS the blue one
The are both RSL but only one with the lowers

Trying to rectify 100k miles of use and abuse. Maybe take it in a scrambler direction.

If that's what you want, I'm sure you'll get it there. It is a good solid start/base for just about anything. In my situation I'm the one with 100k :dance my "R" is low miles & pert'near perfect.....wish I could be rebuilt ......:banghead

S-Bikes

That exhaust pipe under the seat would get all the stuff in my milk crate all hot and melted, heck that 5 horsepower more might even melt the crate. :)

I didn’tget It the Tuesday but my buddy was kind enough to ride it out to my house for me on the followin* Saturday. I’ve lusted after one of these for 20 years! The red is growing on me but my missus says it looks like a Russian mail order bride.
IMG_1851-L.jpg
IMG_1848-L.jpg
IMG_1852-L.jpg

Yes! Another S-bike! And I like the color. Mail order bride indeed!

I tried a higher windscreen too, but found I prefer the lower, stock screen. Too much pressure on my ancient wrists with a higher screen that blocks the wind from my chest.

YMMV of course.

Uh oh. Another S bike. The conspiracy grows.

Seriously, beautiful motorcycle. I love the R1100S.

Next time you zoom by me on I-40 I will recognize who you are. ;)

I didn’tget It the Tuesday but my buddy was kind enough to ride it out to my house for me on the followin* Saturday. I’ve lusted after one of these for 20 years! The red is growing on me but my missus says it looks like a Russian mail order bride.
View attachment 75467

As a former S owner, I'd say you've chosen wisely. I really like the dark screen and valve covers.

No Airhead Central for you at the next National! :)

Wellll... I will be at Airhead Central seeing as I plan to ride my R65 there and I’m the new Air Marshall of the new Newfoundland Airhead chapter.

Secondly you all can come visit seeing as we’re turning our place into a B&B for touring motorcycles, you can read about it here:https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfoundland-two-wheel-inn-campground-under-construction.1234815/

As for the screen I’m looking at a stock size replacement now as well as a set of bar backs as my right hand keeps falling as
Eep.

Back