• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

The RS I used to own, at Shell Lake (?) on Highway 6, B.C. just west of Monshee Pass:

summer%2007%20024-XL.jpg

This whole RS thing has gotten way outta control....Where are they these RSÔÇÖs coming from? I mean really, BMW only made like 9 or 10 of those bikes.:brow

As for the S riders club house Bluehole found, we will have to find a new secret club house. Odds are it won't be quite as nice as the one pictured; after all, we need to find it in a hurry before Bluehole goes out riding again.

Out riding this afternoon and came across this place. I must have been deep in the heart of "enemy" territory. :)

Oh dear, they are getting serious. "S" riders, we have been acting alone up until now. This may call for a coordinated retaliatory attack.

Hey Bluehole, did you happen to find an "S" owners manual in that building? If you do not mind, please return it to me at Salem in July.

As for the S riders club house Bluehole found, we will have to find a new secret club house. Odds are it won't be quite as nice as the one pictured; after all, we need to find it in a hurry before Bluehole goes out riding again.

We can meet here for now...

Attachments

• trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg
    trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 222
RS attracts a crowd

True story. My wife and I disembarked the RS (second from left) to go into the Grand Mesa Visitor Center, leaving it in an empty parking lot. When we returned, all these other bikes had gathered. Just goes to show you how utterly attractive the RS is. I thought that guy on the right might be pretend-peeing on an "S", but no it's a Ducati.

IMG_1178 (800x438).jpg

Last edited:
This whole RS thing has gotten way outta control....Where are they these RSÔÇÖs coming from? I mean really, BMW only made like 9 or 10 of those bikes.:brow

You have a point there. How long did the RS Oilhead run? Ten, maybe eleven years? I am not as familiar with the S Bike. Didn't it run into the late 2000s? There was a hexhead S, right? Too bad bad there is not a current configuration of these bikes. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it. I understand it is a business. If the sales aren't there...

It would be fun to think what they might look like today.

R11S ran from 1999 to 2005, then a 1 year R12S version (the barber pole bike in my earlier 4 pack pic.)

. and just so those dang RSs don't get ahead of us....

Pelicansgettingreadytofly.jpg

That 4 Pack Pic is pretty cool. How did you end up getting four in the same shot? You weren't at Sheads...I mean S riders anonymous were you? :)

Back