Thread: Tool Kit or air compressor

Tool Kit or air compressor

I have a non ABS 2000. Looking at the top with teh tank off, I can't help but notice the large area where the ABS system would go. Does anyone use this space. A compressor comes to mind or extended toolkit/spares. Any thoughts?

I wouldnt want to have to take the tank off to get to anything! You didnt say what kind of bike you have.

My 2003 R1150R is a non-ABS model. I too have eyed the space where the ABS unit would be as a nice rectangular storage space. I have never used it for anything. I'm not keen on taking the tank off to fix a flat or much of anything else beside the road. If I were on a prolonged trip I might use the space for storage of a couple of oil filters or something else to use for routine maintenance while traveling.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I have a 2000 R1100R. If I were to put a compressor, it would be wired and plumbed in so that you did not have to remove the seat or the tank. Something like https://www.amazon.com/Hadley-H00850...56S82W4CSPQREC .

It think this is a little big but you get the idea. As for tools a roll or make a box out of tupperware or better yet make one out of plexiglas.

Re: compressor
    Well if it was a GS that saw a lot of offroad/onroad air up/down I could see it.
    Actually would be handy if you had an exposed air chuck and light hose coiled in the case.
    You do your riding buddies as well.....sort like an Indy pit stop
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

I mounted an after market horn in that space on my 1998 R1100R

That is a good idea. Did you do an airhorn with compressor?