Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: MOA Getaway - Lake Chochiching, Ontario, Canada - 5.21 - 5.23.2015

  1. #16
    Registered User womanridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Couchiching sounds like you got bedbugs in the sofa.
    Now that's funny Paul.
    Karen Jacobs
    Moderator
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

  2. #17
    Sir Darby Darryl Cainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,581
    Just a note to all our American friends:

    Leave your guns and ammunition at home, you won't like the result if they find one.
    A criminal record & a few days in jail, never being allowed back in Canada again.

    Oh, and radar detectors are illegal even if turned off, they will rip it right off your bike + a $400 fine.

    But we really like you!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

  3. #18
    Watch This!!! junkjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    4,939
    NO guns, NO radar!! Why Y'all live there?
    John Simonds
    2016 Honda CRF 250L 2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    NO guns, NO radar!! Why Y'all live there?
    Super high quality snow days👌
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  5. #20
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Super high quality snow days👌
    The Altantic provinces, perhaps, but in Ontario and Quebec, schools closures aren't like us in the states.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    The Altantic provinces, perhaps, but in Ontario and Quebec, schools closures aren't like us in the states.
    If the roof stays up under the snow load, school will be held! Use the snow machine to get here! Bring extra wood for the heater!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  7. #22
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,412

    We've enjoyed every one of our many visits to Canada.



    Friendly citizens, beautiful scenery, poutain, clean water, quiet campgrounds, impressive glaciers, Killer Whales, cheap gas (Oh, forgot, that as $/L, not gallon!)

    And my friend Paul lets me sleep at his house for free.
    Ride Well

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post


    Friendly citizens, beautiful scenery, poutain, clean water, quiet campgrounds, impressive glaciers, Killer Whales, cheap gas (Oh, forgot, that as $/L, not gallon!)

    And my friend Paul lets me sleep at his house for free.
    I would have very much like to have seen... Canada.

    Attachment 49148
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  9. #24
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,412

    Oh, BTW, keep your speed under control. They mean business.

    Ride Well

  10. #25
    Sir Darby Darryl Cainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    NO guns, NO radar!! Why Y'all live there?
    We can have guns, it's just that you can't bring them over here for you own protection.
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

  11. #26
    Registered User clowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Flesherton, ON
    Posts
    2,025
    While I'm all in favour of an MOA event in Canada, and in my neck of the woods especially, I can't help but wonder why it has been booked for YOUR long weekend rather than ours. Most of the time our Victoria Day weekend coincides with your Memorial Day weekend, but not this year. I get that we want you to visit and all, but if it was meant to feel like a 'Canadian' event, it doesn't. We're still planning to go, but it feels a little weird..

  12. #27
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    18,206

    MOA Getaway - Lake Couchiching, Ontario, Canada -- 5.22 - 5.24.2015

    Information on this can be found at:

    http://moagetaway.org/MOA_Couchichin...away_2015.html
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  13. #28
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    While I'm all in favour of an MOA event in Canada, and in my neck of the woods especially, I can't help but wonder why it has been booked for YOUR long weekend rather than ours. Most of the time our Victoria Day weekend coincides with your Memorial Day weekend, but not this year. I get that we want you to visit and all, but if it was meant to feel like a 'Canadian' event, it doesn't. We're still planning to go, but it feels a little weird..
    It could be possible that it was booked that weekend to not conflict with London's Forest City Motorrad Club's ABC Rally, which for 30 years has always been on the Victoria Weekend.

    Going back as far as 2008 and up to 2016, not once there has been a weekend where the Victoria and Memorial Day Weekend coincided. I believe you would find this to be true if you were look up the dates prior to 2008.

    All of the 2015 MOA Getaway Weekends are booked as Friday to Sunday events, with not one being a long weekend.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders #298 & Knights of the Roundel #333

  14. #29
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    it was meant to feel like a 'Canadian' event, it doesn't............ it feels a little weird..
    For the record, we've been doing that to people for years.

    Distance measured in kilometers and gas sold by the liter seems pretty exotic to us. It's a bit like walking thru New Orleans or the Red-light district of some European cities.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  15. #30
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    It could be possible that it was booked that weekend to not conflict with London's Forest City Motorrad Club's ABC Rally, which for 30 years has always been on the Victoria Weekend.

    Going back as far as 2008 and up to 2016, not once there has been a weekend where the Victoria and Memorial Day Weekend coincided. I believe you would find this to be true if you were look up the dates prior to 2008.

    All of the 2015 MOA Getaway Weekends are booked as Friday to Sunday events, with not one being a long weekend.
    Kurt has created a new Forum Area for special events such as this-
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdispla...ays-and-Events

    Rumor has it that no matter what you have "allegedly" done in Canada, if you remove your helmet and are found wearing this all sins are forgiven.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •