• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Lake Chochiching, Ontario, Canada - 5.21 - 5.23.2015

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
Wondering why there is no Lake Couchiching Thread?

Could it not be with the MOA Rally Thread since it is a MOA Event.

Sorry if I did not see an existing thread, I searched the words but saw nothing.
So if I didn't find it how can others talk about it?

Just askin'

Couchiching!!!!

Ian going!!!! Anybody???? Leaving Friday may/22 coming back Sunday or monday..... It's Memorial Day weekend!!!, take care guys.

I'll be there as well. Hoping that if it is warm enough for camping, I'll get there by way of Duluth, Thunder Bay etc. That would make for a nice ride. Of course if it is a cold weekend, a 3 1/2 trip, the short wimpy route. :laugh

Wondering why there is no Lake Couchiching Thread?

Could it not be with the MOA Rally Thread since it is a MOA Event.

Sorry if I did not see an existing thread, I searched the words but saw nothing.
So if I didn't find it how can others talk about it?

Just askin'

Frankly, never thought of it Darryl, will do so now, thanks for the prompt!

Bill

Oh yea, Homeland Security is to thank for that! We used to be able to cross between quite easily, but since 9-11 the US has required all other countries have a passport to enter the U.S., hence all other countries require the same in response. 1967 is long gone, that is the new reality. Best to get a passport anyway if you ever plan on visiting south of the border too.

Hope to see you make it up, we have lots of surprises planned.

Haven't been to Canada since Expo 67, do you need a passport now?

I don't think Canada requires a passport but they might, I've lost track. However, the United States absolutely requires a passport, passport card, etc for re-entry to the U.S.

As a U.S. Citizen they will eventually have to let you back in with or without a passport but it might takes days or weeks and lawyers so having a passport or equivilent is from a practical standpoint, required.

I guess it is about time to get my "Papers" any way, maybe see some of you up there. South of the border for me is a fireworks store on the way to Fla. Thanks for the response.

I don't think Canada requires a passport but they might, I've lost track. However, the United States absolutely requires a passport, passport card, etc for re-entry to the U.S.

As a U.S. Citizen they will eventually have to let you back in with or without a passport but it might takes days or weeks and lawyers so having a passport or equivilent is from a practical standpoint, required.

It's a hassle. But, that's my lowly opinion.

Passports are required to get back in the US. Canada has a huge penal colony up near Hudson Bay for Amerikans stuck in Canada without a passport. :violin

Just a note to all our American friends:

Leave your guns and ammunition at home, you won't like the result if they find one.
A criminal record & a few days in jail, never being allowed back in Canada again.

Oh, and radar detectors are illegal even if turned off, they will rip it right off your bike + a $400 fine.

But we really like you! :wave

Back