Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MOA Getaway - Lake Chochiching, Ontario, Canada - 5.21 - 5.23.2015

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Rumor has it that no matter what you have "allegedly" done in Canada, if you remove your helmet and are found wearing this all sins are forgiven.
    OM
    I doubt if Ontario's "Golden Helmets" would give you a break. They're not known for their sense of humour at the side of the highway.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders #298 & Knights of the Roundel #333

Couchiching!!!!!!!

Boston to Couchiching Ontario CAnada!!! leaving 05/22 coming back 05/24 or 25 it's a Memorial Day weekend!!!
    Anybody wants to coming along??????

Less than one month away, woooohoooo!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

I took the trip up. It was WELL worth the time. Everything was GREAT. Defiantly going next year. The food, people, accommodations, ride up was first class.

Super event! Thanks to those who made it possible.

Great Time

Thanks to Bill and all that helped put a great weekend together. The seminars and the campfire tales were very entertaining. I will definitely remember Clinton Smout's riding tips when I come to water crossings in the future.
    Terrific location, can't wait to go back up for the HU weekend in June.

P.S., whoever it was at the campfire that recommended the movie "Searching for Sugar Man", thanks, My wife and I watched it last night, it was very interesting.

MOA Getaway Lake Chochiching, Ontario, Canada

It was a great event, and such a nice place to hold a rally, BMWMOA if they ever hold a rally in Canada again should consider this venue for hosting such an event. Great food, and lot's of roads nearby to explore. Thanks to Bill and Greg for hosting the event. Lot's of American visitors and they were welcomed with a great Canadian smile and a beer!.

I was working one of the displays and will promote the event again if it happens next year!
    Rob Baetz
    BMWMOA member 37876
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 37876 View Post
    It was a great event, and such a nice place to hold a rally, BMWMOA if they ever hold a rally in Canada again should consider this venue for hosting such an event. Great food, and lot's of roads nearby to explore. Thanks to Bill and Greg for hosting the event. Lot's of American visitors and they were welcomed with a great Canadian smile and a beer!.

I was working one of the displays and will promote the event again if it happens next year!
    Thanks to all for the nice words of encouragement! Two bits of news to share for next year though.

First the bad: the site has been rented to the Ministry of Education for the next three years and all the weekend events that took place this year have been terminated, including our Getaway and the HU meeting the following month.

Now the good news: Greg and I have been scouting out possible replacement venues for the past few months and are very close to firming up on an even better location. Not able to announce it just yet, but it does have 1200 acres of ATV trails around its own lake, a confidence high ropes course, driving range, canoes, and is in the Muskokas!

Stand by....

Bill Hooykaas
    2013 1200 GS LC
    1974 75/6 since new
    1974 R90S x2, Silver Smoke & Daytona Orange