• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First Ride 2015

GeorgeR1200RT

Celebrating the first ride of 2015 with Kentucky Sour Mash Bourbon on the rocks...and to warm up a bit. :)

It was sunny and about 45 degrees.

Several days warming and rain cleared the roads of ice and snow...exposing the potholes and grit.

Rode about an hour in the hills and curves of north central Ohio. Great ride.

Saw about six other bikes, five were Harleys and one was a young man on some kind of dirt bike.

Had to change roads due to melting show flooding the roads around Killbuck, OH.

Robins have started to arrive.

Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and even warmer!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

Ah, pfffft! -10C, gale force winds: just snowshoed up to the road and it's got four foot snowdrifts. It'll be a while yet..

80 here this afternoon. Took my wife's bike to get lic/reg done but the county Mounties were all out literally chasing range fires so couldn't do the ViN inspection.

So I rode it around town running errands.:dance

Rode my thumper from my garage to the garden shed, a total of 30 feet. Then it started snowing again, two inches over night. I'm really tired of winter.

Rode the new bike yesterday for the first time and it was the first ride of the year.

Only got in 30 miles but as Voni would call them s'miles.

Goose poop.

Spring is everywhere, on the street, on the sidewalk, in parking lots, windshields and all over my yard. Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get a real good look at spring.

I'm hoping for safe riding to be two weeks away.

I think spring is really here even though they're calling for "frozen mix" on Friday, and overnight temperatures below freezing for the next week or so. So long as they don't salt the roads again I'll be fine. We've had 2 good rainstorms to wash the salt off, and the only snow left is in the parking lot piles that will be there until April sometime. I did get some static from my salesman the other day, about how I might run out the warranty on time instead of miles :eek - I've only ridden 3600 miles since I took delivery last October, 1200 this year.

It warmed up to 80 on Monday and I got out for a ride.

3-16-15_Ride_3_.JPG

Back