Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 2015 Billings, Montana Rally Day Ride

  1. #1

    2015 Billings, Montana Rally Day Ride

    I'll be attending the Billings rally in July and wanted to organize a day ride with a group of riders into the Pryor Mountains. The plan would be to check out the Big Ice Cave, the Pryor Wild Horse Range, Penn's Cabin, and ride the road through Crooked Creek and back around. I grew-up in the Billings area and know the area quite well. I live in northern California and will be making my way up through Oregon, Idaho, and northwestern Montana to my parents house outside of Billings. Interested riders can check out my profile and my contact information. I have a lot of photos of past rides for all to view.

    Please check out my site at https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com

    Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by everin; 03-29-2015 at 01:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    995
    I hope I make it up there.
    I'll say hi if I do.
    dc

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,525
    Hello everin and WELCOME to the forum! Sounds like an interesting ride. Look up a Go-Fer at the rally and say hello.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

  4. #4
    Kawa Afterthought weschmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DeSoto MO
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by everin View Post
    I'll be attending the Billings rally in July and wanted to organize a day ride with a group of riders into the Pryor Mountains. The plan would be to check out the Big Ice Cave, the Pryor Wild Horse Range, Penn's Cabin, and ride the road through Crooked Creek and back around. I grew-up in the Billings area and know the area quite well. I live in northern California and will be making my way up through Oregon, Idaho, and northwestern Montana to my parents house outside of Billings. Interested riders can check out my profile and my contact information. I have a lot of photos of past rides for all to view.
    What would be the difficulty level of your proposed ride? Off-road or Pavement? I'd certainly be interested as long as I felt I could handle the terrain and not hold anyone back....I think it would be great to ride around the area with someone who is familiar with the area......I'm riding a 700GS and should just be jumping up from beginner off-road adventure rider to a first level intermediate rider....(hopefully...)

  5. #5
    motorcycle cowboy roostershooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,299
    Checked out your profile, no pictures or anything.
    Last edited by roostershooter; 03-17-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    2013 Goldwing

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    What would be the difficulty level of your proposed ride? Off-road or Pavement? I'd certainly be interested as long as I felt I could handle the terrain and not hold anyone back....I think it would be great to ride around the area with someone who is familiar with the area......I'm riding a 700GS and should just be jumping up from beginner off-road adventure rider to a first level intermediate rider....(hopefully...)
    Paved roads from Billings to Bridger. Then is a well maintained gravel road. A dual sport bike would have no problem. A low riding Harley...no. Check out Google Earth and my photos at my profile. In the past I have ridden dirt bikes up in the Pryor's and it's one of my favorite places to ride...next to the Black Rock Desert in northwestern Nevada. I'm more of an off-road rider, but have ridden the Beartooth Pass a few times up to The Top of the World, down to the Chief Joseph Highway and to Cody, WY. Another good ride is Billings to Lovell, WY to Hwy 14A to Ranchester then on to Billings.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessean View Post
    Checked out your profile, no pictures or anything.
    Try https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com
    Last edited by everin; 03-29-2015 at 12:56 AM.

  8. #8
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,414
    I just looked at your profile page and now photos show when I clicked on the "photos" tab.

  9. #9
    Kawa Afterthought weschmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DeSoto MO
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by everin View Post
    Paved roads from Billings to Bridger. Then is a well maintained gravel road. A dual sport bike would have no problem. A low riding Harley...no. Check out Google Earth and my photos at my profile. In the past I have ridden dirt bikes up in the Pryor's and it's one of my favorite places to ride...next to the Black Rock Desert in northwestern Nevada. I'm more of an off-road rider, but have ridden the Beartooth Pass a few times up to The Top of the World, down to the Chief Joseph Highway and to Cody, WY. Another good ride is Billings to Lovell, WY to Hwy 14A to Ranchester then on to Billings.
    I'm in. Sounds like something I can handle and not hold anyone back..... Let me know as you determine which day you want to ride, so I can adjust my volunteer work at the rally accordingly....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    What would be the difficulty level of your proposed ride? Off-road or Pavement? I'd certainly be interested as long as I felt I could handle the terrain and not hold anyone back....I think it would be great to ride around the area with someone who is familiar with the area......I'm riding a 700GS and should just be jumping up from beginner off-road adventure rider to a first level intermediate rider....(hopefully...)
    Check out my site at https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com . I spent all day building the site with photos of past rides. Cheers.

  11. #11

    Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessean View Post
    Checked out your profile, no pictures or anything.
    Check out my new site at: https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com .

  12. #12
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by everin View Post
    Check out my new site at: https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com .
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •