• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 Billings, Montana Rally Day Ride

everin

Everin
I'll be attending the Billings rally in July and wanted to organize a day ride with a group of riders into the Pryor Mountains. The plan would be to check out the Big Ice Cave, the Pryor Wild Horse Range, Penn's Cabin, and ride the road through Crooked Creek and back around. I grew-up in the Billings area and know the area quite well. I live in northern California and will be making my way up through Oregon, Idaho, and northwestern Montana to my parents house outside of Billings. Interested riders can check out my profile and my contact information. I have a lot of photos of past rides for all to view.

Please check out my site at https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:
Hello everin and WELCOME to the forum! Sounds like an interesting ride. Look up a Go-Fer at the rally and say hello.

I'll be attending the Billings rally in July and wanted to organize a day ride with a group of riders into the Pryor Mountains. The plan would be to check out the Big Ice Cave, the Pryor Wild Horse Range, Penn's Cabin, and ride the road through Crooked Creek and back around. I grew-up in the Billings area and know the area quite well. I live in northern California and will be making my way up through Oregon, Idaho, and northwestern Montana to my parents house outside of Billings. Interested riders can check out my profile and my contact information. I have a lot of photos of past rides for all to view.

What would be the difficulty level of your proposed ride? Off-road or Pavement? I'd certainly be interested as long as I felt I could handle the terrain and not hold anyone back....I think it would be great to ride around the area with someone who is familiar with the area......I'm riding a 700GS and should just be jumping up from beginner off-road adventure rider to a first level intermediate rider....(hopefully...)

What would be the difficulty level of your proposed ride? Off-road or Pavement? I'd certainly be interested as long as I felt I could handle the terrain and not hold anyone back....I think it would be great to ride around the area with someone who is familiar with the area......I'm riding a 700GS and should just be jumping up from beginner off-road adventure rider to a first level intermediate rider....(hopefully...)

Paved roads from Billings to Bridger. Then is a well maintained gravel road. A dual sport bike would have no problem. A low riding Harley...no. Check out Google Earth and my photos at my profile. In the past I have ridden dirt bikes up in the Pryor's and it's one of my favorite places to ride...next to the Black Rock Desert in northwestern Nevada. I'm more of an off-road rider, but have ridden the Beartooth Pass a few times up to The Top of the World, down to the Chief Joseph Highway and to Cody, WY. Another good ride is Billings to Lovell, WY to Hwy 14A to Ranchester then on to Billings.

I just looked at your profile page and now photos show when I clicked on the "photos" tab.

Paved roads from Billings to Bridger. Then is a well maintained gravel road. A dual sport bike would have no problem. A low riding Harley...no. Check out Google Earth and my photos at my profile. In the past I have ridden dirt bikes up in the Pryor's and it's one of my favorite places to ride...next to the Black Rock Desert in northwestern Nevada. I'm more of an off-road rider, but have ridden the Beartooth Pass a few times up to The Top of the World, down to the Chief Joseph Highway and to Cody, WY. Another good ride is Billings to Lovell, WY to Hwy 14A to Ranchester then on to Billings.

I'm in. Sounds like something I can handle and not hold anyone back..... Let me know as you determine which day you want to ride, so I can adjust my volunteer work at the rally accordingly....

Check out my site at https://bmwadventures.shutterfly.com . I spent all day building the site with photos of past rides. Cheers.

Back