• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camping & travel apps

jstrube

John.
OK, so motoring down the road, what apps are out there to help you find a campground? I really like campgrounds with showers & toilets. I don't care to totally rough it. Anything good? Going to check out Furkot to plan the trip to Billings, wondering when on the road, what I can use to find a place to hang my hat.

GO!

KOA has an app.

There is an app called "Oh Ranger!" that lists parks and shows those that have camping.

Search the word "camp" at the App Store and there are others.

Go Camp America

One I found a couple weeks ago is Go Camp America. ( http://www.gocampingamerica.com/findpark )
It seems to be a pretty complete app in that it has all the info I look for. I am planning a three month motorhome/motorcycle trip and I am using it, as well as the KOA app, to plan my itinerary.
Good luck and be safe.

European camping

Any good camping guides for camping in Europe? Planning to do a 3 month trip from the Nordcape to the Toe. I will be camping and using hostels.

While not fully really camping related, still road-trip related:

I use "AroundMe" for finding retail things when I am in search of something in peticular.

On the Super-Slab I use "iExit" a lot. Mostly for planning my next gas stop or a good location to sleep or camp for the night. The NAV 5 has been pretty good at showing possible gas stops on my route as well, so the iPhone takes a back seat.

I've also used Priceline a bunch, but it has burned me if I was not careful with the 'name your own price' app where it booked me 40+ miles back the way I came through the thunderstorm I was trying to avoid.

Back