• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corbin Saddle on a wethead RT?

I just went to the Florida store during bike week to test ride the Corbin seat on my 2011 RT. I really liked it and ordered the heated one.
They give a 10% discount during bike week and biketoberfest. The only sales of the year.

It was very different from stock and I assume your year will be the same.

The Corbin seats for the pre-wetheads are not the same. They only make a one piece for the 2014. I had one a long while back and it was heavy cause of the fiberglass she'll they make

I had one on my '04 RT and really liked it. I like firmness rather than cushy. I just installed the new one-piece totally heated on my new RT. You do have to do a little fiddling with the wiring but no big deal. I already really like this one and know it will even get better when broken in.

Corbin Seat

I am thinking about this seat for my 2014 R1200 RT but was not aware it was one piece......Are there any installation issues with the lock ? I have purchased the two electrical connectors in advance from BMW for the front and rear heaters.
The bike was purchased last year to replace my 2008 Harley Street Glide....I like the BMW but it is extremely uncomfortable to me as I do a lot of long distance riding and the bike seems to push me forward on the bike.......I am 5'9" and it seems that the BMW forces me forward in the seat (which causes discomfort to my right wrist....I have to find a way to make the bike work or its back to the Harley store......any input would be welcome.
Thanks

George

corbin

I can answer the questions about installation. No issues with the lock mechanism. It is a pretty straight forward easy install. As for the wiring, I did the same think. I bought the BMW pigtail and soldered it to the corbin wires.

Seating is such a subjective preference. Personally I will not sit on a corbin. I do not like them. My wife had one on her 110RT, the day after she got her 2014 we ordered the corbin for it. She loves it. It has to be used in the low position and I think it is a little lower than the BMW seat, so for her it fits her great. She also ordered the Illium adapters for the bars.

Corbin Seat

I can answer the questions about installation. No issues with the lock mechanism. It is a pretty straight forward easy install. As for the wiring, I did the same think. I bought the BMW pigtail and soldered it to the corbin wires.

Seating is such a subjective preference. Personally I will not sit on a corbin. I do not like them. My wife had one on her 110RT, the day after she got her 2014 we ordered the corbin for it. She loves it. It has to be used in the low position and I think it is a little lower than the BMW seat, so for her it fits her great. She also ordered the Illium adapters for the bars.

Thanks for the input......Think I am going to purchase as the way the bike sits now for me, is just too uncomfortable.....George

Back