• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helpful or harmful?

I think the article hits the mark, for its readership, and maybe it will encourage some new riders.

Looking at their reader demographics, 59% are women between the ages of 18 and 34.

Last edited:
You folks do realize this was in Cosmo? Right? So ...
Someone here reads Cosmo? Well, as they say it takes all ...
I think that is the stuff that sells motorcycles.
I think we all know of many motorcycles that are purchased, basically never used, and ultimately for sale, in absolute nice condition.
To our great advantage if we want to save off the price of new, but get nearly the same thing.
Why?
My theory is, fluff brings a lot of people, particularly older in life, with more money people to buy motorcycles.
They imagine the hair flowing in the breeze, the ladies or girls all itching with desire and excitement, all that 'groovy, cool, awesome, fun, etc.' stuff.
Then they ride and find out what it's really like. And the bike sits.
Til one of us gets lucky and buys a slightly used perfect condition bike.
Good, I think, so let Cosmo do their fluff.
dc

They imagine the hair flowing in the breeze, the ladies or girls all itching with desire and excitement, all that 'groovy, cool, awesome, fun, etc.' stuff.
Then they ride and find out what it's really like. And the bike sits.

So, why do you ride?

I've been enjoying the "cool, awesome, fun" for 44-yrs....

Why do I ride, or why do I ride in Los Angeles?
Two different questions.
I ride to ride in Utah, Colorado, Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Canada, etc., any place but Los Angeles. I know the way out of town.
It doesn't scare me. It never really did. The close calls (daliy here) don't give rise to much emotion in me. Either I'm too stupid, or just used to it.
I think what I'm saying is, those people get scared off the bike. Thus it's for sale.
You never had a scary moment? A down side? I just read about 2 big ones on another forum.
One is thinking he may not ride again.
The other may not ride for at least 6 months. Maybe much longer.
It's no picnic. I ride because I itch for it. I'm like the dog sticking his head out the car window, 'you want to go for a ride?' "yeah, yeah, yeah".
dc

Back