• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What have you done to your Wethead today?

BMW Left & Right Ajustable Controls installation

Hi,
Santa brought me a set of:

Footpeg - Rider - Left Side Adjustable - BMW R1200R R1200RS - by BMW p/n: 77 25 8 552 071
and
Footpeg - Rider - Right Side Adjustable - BMW R1200R R1200RS - by BMW p/n: 77 25 8 552 072

No instructions were included. I seem to remember reading about these in one of the BMW magazines. Author said the instructions were available for download from the web. Can't find the article so do not know where to get the instructions. Google was no help.:scratch

Installation looks easy enough. I like written instructions to back me up.

Maybe some one here can let me know where these inclusive instructions can be found.

Cannot wait until the Service manual for the 2016 R1200RS is available. I was told that BMW would have them by January.

Added a dashcam setup to my R this last weekend. Inexpensive Chinese setup with 4k front and rear cameras, a 3" screen, GPS, image stabilization, and WiFi for video transfer. Roughly $200 for the kit.

I started by making a shelf for the front camera that mounts using the stock bolts and connector cover for the instrument cluster:

1706548138375.jpeg1706548168707.jpeg

Then a bracket for the DVR/Screen:

1706548191676.jpeg
1706548207178.jpeg

Of course everything got painted black before the installation. At install time I routed all the cables neatly. For the rear camera I used the supplied 3M adhesive and mounted it under the top-box frame. The edges of the frame outline the top of the image when recording.

Install in progress, but nearly complete:

1706548360305.jpeg
1706548370635.jpeg

And a port drilled through my V-Stream windscreen:

1706548422161.jpeg
Haven't taken it out much yet, but the screen makes a great center-view rear-view mirror... I need to clean up the hole in the V-Stream a little still, and adjust the alignment of the front camera. And put some wind noise reduction material over the microphone. Once that's done, I'll put together a little footage and share.

This model also turns on and records when the bike is bumped.

My new to me 2018 R1200R was delivered yesterday.

Today I added Grip Puppies, Puig dark tinted Sport Windshield, the high OEM rider seat, a Shift Sock and a set of cheap eBay frame hole plugs. I was surprised about the quality of the plugs. They are made out of thick, pliable rubber (not ABS plastic) and fit perfectly.

Next up is the OEM GPS mount and a Navigator 5. I am also considering buying a set of SW Motech adjustable foot pegs.

I had fun making highway peg light brackets for my Danali lights.

6061 aluminum then sprayed them with clear gloss to give them a bit of protection

Attachments

• Denali Brackets 2.jpg
    Denali Brackets 2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Denali Brackets 3.jpg
    Denali Brackets 3.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I installed the OEM GPS cradle and Navigator 5 today. Had to remove the sliding locking mechanism until I get the lock cylinder removed and either replaced or rekeyed to my bike.

Also ordered the SW-Motech adjustable ION pegs.

I drove the bike for the first time on the Interstate and was surprised how much wind protection the Puig sport windshield gives at 70+ MPH.

Ordered another set of Dunlop Trailmax Missions for the GS. My brother and I are getting 20K miles out of a set. They got more expensive since the last order, but in my brother's case they lasted 3 years and mine two including 2 trips to CO in the summer heat...

Ordered another set of Dunlop Trailmax Missions for the GS. My brother and I are getting 20K miles out of a set. They got more expensive since the last order, but in my brother's case they lasted 3 years and mine two including 2 trips to CO in the summer heat...
Wow, I've never tried them but I'd be pretty happy with 10-12/k miles per set. Got a pic of the current set?

Back