• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Advice on 94 K1100 handle bar change and fairing change.

snorton140753

Greetings,
I purchased a 94 K1100 a few months ago. Recently the clutch went bad @ a Odometer reading of 26k. I don't yet know this bike but that seems like a short run for a clutch. Regardless my dealer had to take the fairing off to get the job done. I actually like the look of the bike "naked" and kept the fairing off. I now need a new headlight, turn signals and horn. I would also like to change the handlebars as they are very uncomfortable. My elbow joints hurt after about 30 mins on a ride. I would like to get some bars that will allow me to sit up more.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Peace,

Check out the K100 Standard - the bar is similar to the K75C bar but is drilled for bar end weights (which you'll need.). I put one on my K1100RS (part of the Euro K100 standard heated grip kit, NLA unfortunately), worked like a champ. Might also get lucky and find the K100 standard headlight assembly hardware.

Back