• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Air Canada: Fly your bike!

Air Canada is now offering a new shipping option to fly your bike. Back in the 80's Wardair, which no longer exists offered this service. It was pretty awesome and I had the opportunity to take advantage of it twice. Once to Vancouver, and once to London England. I would guess someone pretty high up at Air Canada must be a rider for this new service to come about.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/03/03/air-canadas-new-motorcycle-cargo-options/

Very reasonable indeed! How cool is that.

I wonder if they will ever bring this to the US. I know Air Canada is at San Francisco airport. Would be a great way to go tour Europe on your own bike.

Take it from a member who has shipped his motorcycle with Air Canada three times before (1995, 2005 and 2010) and paid a whole lot more, THIS IS A BARGAIN. Especially for Americans due to the exchange rate.

Not included in the price is the dangerous good declaration and customs brokerage. In 2010, those ran me CA$115.50 and $154.55.

This really opens up options for some winter riding in the lower US for many of us in Canada. Ship to CA, AZ, TX and ride away - awesome!:dance

Southward travel

Ken, There's always the option of putting your bike in Dave Anderson's trailer and meeting him in Baja.

Except if you look at their list, that program does not have any US cities listed.

Is the picture in the article at the embedded link the entirety of the AC programme? The article simply stated the author had emailed specific questions to AC and the author created a Q&A from the answers - not that the entire programme was described.

Therefore, I sent my own email to AC from the link at the bottom of the article for clarification and for formal AC information online or elsewhere. It almost appears as if the original offer was only a show special - perhaps I will receive a timely response from AC and will pass it on.

Therefore, I sent my own email to AC from the link at the bottom of the article for clarification and for formal AC information online or elsewhere. It almost appears as if the original offer was only a show special - perhaps I will receive a timely response from AC and will pass it on.

It is a trial for 2015 and they will see how it goes.

I sent them an e-mail with tips having done this a few times to Europe just to make sure they don't get screwed by someone claiming damage that happened prior (sort of like car rental inspections). I'd like to see this continue.

Any e-mail sent was responded to in hours.

I don't see why they can't do this from any airport Air Canada Cargo has an office.

It is a trial for 2015 and they will see how it goes.

I sent them an e-mail with tips having done this a few times to Europe just to make sure they don't get screwed by someone claiming damage that happened prior (sort of like car rental inspections). I'd like to see this continue.

Any e-mail sent was responded to in hours.

I don't see why they can't do this from any airport Air Canada Cargo has an office.

Alex, I too heard back from them in less than an hour. Probably use them this may.

Where they are going to offer this service depends on the size of the airplanes on that route, most single isle jets cannot carry a pallet large enough to fit a motorcycle, it will take a 767/777/A330 size plane that can handle standard cargo containers
Wish US airlines would follow suite

Does that mean you are coming up this way? Hey, we got real beer. :wave Well at least semi-real beer. The real beer is in the Augustiner Garten in München.

GR, I forget where your based in Canada.

Probably load the moto at YUL for the flight to FRA. This is less than 1/3 of what I paid last 2 times. To others thinking of this, moto reservation and passenger ticket must be done at least 30 days in advance.

GR, I forget where your based in Canada.

Probably load the moto at YUL for the flight to FRA. This is less than 1/3 of what I paid last 2 times. To others thinking of this, moto reservation and passenger ticket must be done at least 30 days in advance.

Check your PMs.

Air Canada is now offering a new shipping option to fly your bike. Back in the 80's Wardair, which no longer exists offered this service. It was pretty awesome and I had the opportunity to take advantage of it twice. Once to Vancouver, and once to London England. I would guess someone pretty high up at Air Canada must be a rider for this new service to come about.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/03/03/air-canadas-new-motorcycle-cargo-options/

Really want to thank your for posting this. 1/3 the price that others charge which I've paid in the past. Bike and I are headed from YUL to FRA for the month of may. Had decided to not go until you posted this.

Back