• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Redwood Fungal Ride? (N. CA ride and camp in October)

knary

looking for a coal mine
Redwood Fungal Ride: October 21st-23rd

Join us for some damp riding. Camping, redwoods, stupid stories, strong laughter, and the usual relaxed mayhem.

When: October 21st-23rd. Some won't arrive until Saturday night.

Where: Richardson Grove State Park just north of Leggett, CA where 1 and 101 meet.

Lodging: Camping. We can't reserve sites ahead of time, but finding space won't be an issue. $15/night per site. We can easily fit at least two tents per site.

Hotels. There are a few choices.
Best Western Humboldt House Inn, Garberville - $100 +/- (before the usual discounts)

Brass Rail Inn, Redway - $50+

Sherwood Forest Motel, Garberville - $60+

and if you're a fancy fellow or looking for something romantic...
The Benbow Inn, Garberville - $130 to $375+

Rides: This is a small informal gathering. Pull out the maps and drool. Some of the greatest rides in the country can be found here.

Food: Still debating. Good beverages will be had.

Who's coming?

Bob_M
Burnszilla
DarrylRI
dbrick (if we can get him into his tent)
Dick
Gravity's Dog
Honu
Ian408
ibuzzard
Kbasa
Kbasa Wife (tentative)
Knary
Knary friend
Lorazepam
Secret Guest #1
SFDOC

usca10045.jpeg

knary said:
So who's interested in an October get together up on the Northern CA coast? Camping, riding, story telling, and anything else you can dream up to entertain me (it's always about me). Who's in? When? Where? We want decent roads, good camping, and a place that can tolerate the noise of goofy riders getting together with their internet friends.

I'd vote for Oct 7-9th or the following weekend out on the Lost coast or up around the Redwoods.

I will be in Dayton the weekend of the 7th so now it is about me - how about some other weekend?

I'm easy, just need an excuse!

knary said:
So who's interested

I'd vote for Oct 7-9th or the following weekend out on the Lost coast or up around the Redwoods.

That weekend sounds good for 'ME'. The wife says not 'her', bummer, no Thai food.

Scott count me in. But I might not get down there until early Saturday am. So we'll definately have to have a communications plan for link-up.

SFDOC said:
That weekend sounds good for 'ME'. The wife says not 'her', bummer, no Thai food.

Scott count me in. But I might not get down there until early Saturday am. So we'll definately have to have a communications plan for link-up.

How's the following weekend, the 14th-16th, for you?

knary said:
Date edited. October 14th-16th better for ya, Dick and Burnszilla?

Nope that one doesn't work out as well. I was already calling in sick one day for the first choice.

knary said:
Date edited. October 14th-16th better for ya, Dick and Burnszilla?

Oooh that could be my birfday present to myslef - go get crazy in the redwoods :buds :brad

Thanks boid man

I like the 23rd. But don't base your decision on me. If you accomodate Kbasa you will have to bring twice as much bourbon.

knary said:
Magic is good. :nod

FM is working well I received a text msg on my cel-phone moments ago to submit for leave during that time frame before this Friday.

Give me some firm dates: 21-23 I'll make it happen. I'd like to meet some of you guys, tip back a few and ride some new roads. (even if I've been on them before)

I would love to join you but SWMBO gonna be in the real land of fungus and mold, Seattle, both those weekends (and the week in between). This probably means I have to take care of the rancho, but I'll see if I can get the niece to look after things...

DarrylRi said:
I would love to join you but SWMBO gonna be in the real land of fungus and mold, Seattle, both those weekends (and the week in between). This probably means I have to take care of the rancho, but I'll see if I can get the niece to look after things...
Ok, Denise says she'll look after the house, so pick a weekend and I'm there.

Work's been crazy

I will try to bust loose. Where? Patricks Pt? Prarie Creek? Big Basin? Smith River? There are a lot of parks in them thar redwoods.
My favorite is Prarie Creek just north of Orick, the elk wandering around, the isolation, and the groves of truely massive, vertigo inducing trees :bottle (honest, it was the trees!)
The road at Orick through Redwood Creek turns to dirt, transitions from the tallest trees in the world, to a stunted oak woodland, and then grass balds then goes over the coast range to the Hoopa reservation on the lower Klamath. Lots of good stuff there.

Back