• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Chapter

tourunigo

This is the final year of the Salty Fog Riders Rally. What a wonderful ride it has been! Mary and I have met so many people because of our little rally and many have remained friends beyond the confines of the rally.

So, September 6 - 11, 2015 is the final Salty Fog Riders Rally. I will be posting an outline of the rally particulars and the costings on this thread in the coming weeks. Lots of room remaining (and requests have already come in!) so please contact us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com if you are interested in attending the 2015 rally.

For now, a little video through time (music therein so turn'erup):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/50SzXObdC6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"turn'er-up" indeed....

.... Wow! I can only imagine the feelings you both had, as you touched that "submit" key. The video is a very touching example; of exactly the true friends you both are, to all of us fortunate enough to have ever attended. Professional and organized... just like the Salty Fog Rally you both so graciously host. And within our MOA organization, your contributions exceed every benchmark of Ambassadorship. The SFR is the preeminent Touring Rally associated with BMWMOA riders & pillions; your original concept, improved through the years... has reached the pinnacle of success! The vast beauty of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, certainly enhance the wonderful premise of your original idea. The roads, the scenery, and the fellowship that Dara and I both experienced...
are the stories motorcyclist tell their grandchildren about, and you simply can't do any better than that.
Bob & Mary, Thank You for the Salty Fog

"three bowl" John & "sunrise" Dara

It's Been A Good Ride

Thank you Bob and Mary for all the planning and hospitality that you have offered so many of us over the past eight years. It has been a privilege staying at your home, hanging out with so many like minded riders as well as visiting breath taking vistas of Nova Scotia.

Your video does an excellent job of summarizing those Salty Fog rides :thumb

For all who thought they may go "someday" your time has come.

It will be the best SFR ever, even if it is the last. Alumni and newbies, seeing old friends and making new ones, knowing this will be the final SFR makes for a remarkable event.

.... Wow! I can only imagine the feelings you both had, as you touched that "submit" key. The video is a very touching example; of exactly the true friends you both are, to all of us fortunate enough to have ever attended. Professional and organized... just like the Salty Fog Rally you both so graciously host. And within our MOA organization, your contributions exceed every benchmark of Ambassadorship. The SFR is the preeminent Touring Rally associated with BMWMOA riders & pillions; your original concept, improved through the years... has reached the pinnacle of success! The vast beauty of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, certainly enhance the wonderful premise of your original idea. The roads, the scenery, and the fellowship that Dara and I both experienced...
are the stories motorcyclist tell their grandchildren about, and you simply can't do any better than that.
Bob & Mary, Thank You for the Salty Fog

"three bowl" John & "sunrise" Dara

Thanks for the very kind words John and Dara! Ya, funny thing about that submit key but that moment passed. We still believe that it is a good concept and a fun way to introduce travelers to our assembly of sod and sea. We also hope that what we have posted in Ride Reports and rally promo stuff has assisted riders who are touring independent of our guided tour. What a great experience this has been for both of us! Now, let's just keep on the good side of the weather gods for that week of SFRR2015!! - Bob and Mary

Thank you Bob and Mary for all the planning and hospitality that you have offered so many of us over the past eight years. It has been a privilege staying at your home, hanging out with so many like minded riders as well as visiting breath taking vistas of Nova Scotia.

Your video does an excellent job of summarizing those Salty Fog rides :thumb

You're welcome Paul! The video is a modest summary of the hundreds of photos available. Thanks for the endorsement. If you are in Billings then maybe we can build a little SFR and Friends gathering. Seems to be assembling already. Catch up with you on the road somewhere! - Bob and Mary

It will be the best SFR ever, even if it is the last. Alumni and newbies, seeing old friends and making new ones, knowing this will be the final SFR makes for a remarkable event.

Setting the bar a tad higher? :thumb Like always, we'll give it our best shot. See you in Billings eh Bud? - Bob and Mary

Hi - No long term plans yet but I am planning to go to Bilings for the National. Dwight and Laura are planning to go up also. I think their planning a run up through British Columbia after the rally. I'm planning on hitting 'Top of the Rockies' the week before the National but don't have any plans for after.
See yous around, or as the Southern boys say 'see all you all around'

Harry

BTW: I hooked Frank and Kelly on running in the Motogiro. So with Dwight and Laura we run under the club name "Rising Sun' fitting as were all on Jap bikes. Laura and Kelly are both on Honda CB160s, that's my CB125 on the trailer.

IMG_2623_zpsf5848cf7.jpg

I am definitely in!

Looking forward to the 3100 mile journey - planning a Canadian route to visit family on the way, and a US/Canada route on the way back to see a few states I have never seen on two wheels. :dance

Hi - No long term plans yet but I am planning to go to Bilings for the National. Dwight and Laura are planning to go up also. I think their planning a run up through British Columbia after the rally. I'm planning on hitting 'Top of the Rockies' the week before the National but don't have any plans for after.
See yous around, or as the Southern boys say 'see all you all around'

Harry

I've lived in Tennessee all of my 58 years and I've never heard anyone say that!:scratch:)

I was comparing YOUS vs ALL YOU ALL as a way to address a group of people.
I forgot I was on a Beemer list and obviously wasn't specific enough.

I do however know my way to Larry's River.:

The road beckons...

i do however know my way to larry's river.:

...... And I hope/expect to find my way back... not for the mackerel, just for the halibut! And chicken soup.

"three bowl john".... always "travel'n"
A 5/15 2015 R1200GSw... pointed out of the garage!

...... And I hope/expect to find my way back... not for the mackerel, just for the halibut! And chicken soup.

"three bowl john".... always "travel'n"
A 5/15 2015 R1200GSw... pointed out of the garage!

Yous guys can have all the soup that ya'll can ingest. Info regarding this, the final year, schedule and costing coming in next few days...... or some time thereafter due to some local and busy commits. - Bob

Last edited:
Back