Thread: 180 mile lunch run....

180 mile lunch run....

and nearly all of it curves! Wife decided for Valentines day, she just wanted to go for a ride instead of all the normal mushy stuff, so we decided a lunch run over to Enterprise Oregon would be fun. Headed out of Lewiston along the Snake river, then up the twisty Anatone grade to warm the tires up and a short blast across the prairie and we hit Rattlesnake Canyon territory.

Partial clouds and about 50-ish on the temps but we had a great ride.
    Midway pit stop along the Grand Rhonde river.

Beautiful area.

After lunch in Enterprise we pulled over at the Joseph Canyon lookout. Gorgeous.

A great day. 90 miles one way and hardly anything straight. So thankful to be able to ride this early in the season!

Looks like a great ride. I really like your choice of bikes.
    Terence
    Current rides R75/5 R100RS R1150RT
    Past rides K100RS R1100S
    My Smugmug

A great way to spend Valentine's Day, and that's a wonderful piece of road. I try to get out there every year.

Mw wife and I like the Embers, in Joseph:

What's the good place in Enterprise?
    Last edited by Rinty; 02-15-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Rinty

I am surprised by the lack of snow. I thought the area you rode would at least have snow in spots at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post

What's the good place in Enterprise?
    Well after getting back and doing a bit of research, I hear that Terminal Gravity is probably the best in town. As it was, we were in a burger mood and saw Heavenly Burgers right on the main drag and pulled in there. A nice little diner with a HUGE menu.
    Suz had the Elk burger and enjoyed it. I had a regular cheeseburger. Hand formed patties, and good flavor.

I will say it had the CLEANEST Men's room I've ever been in. Absolutely sparkling clean everywhere. We used to run a janitorial company and have seen some pretty scary restrooms in diners. LOL

Next time over, we'll give Terminal a shot and maybe shoot over to Joseph. I know Suz wants to make the loop over to LaGrande-Pendleton so we'll be heading over again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    I am surprised by the lack of snow. I thought the area you rode would at least have snow in spots at this time of year.
    Yeah just a few miles where the sun doesn't shine had some snow on the ground....and sand/gravel on the road! Made for interesting riding...go SLOW here. But it was just a few miles, then back to the clear dry pavement.

Normally there would be several feet of snow...everywhere around here which is why it was such a surprise to even have the bikes out of the garage at all, let alone go for a nice ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Wineadors View Post
    Well after getting back and doing a bit of research, I hear that Terminal Gravity is probably the best in town.
    Thanks; that place looks good.

...Suz wants to make the loop...
    I think of the Wallowa/Whitman area as an exotic gateway to the Oregon high desert. You're lucky to have it in your backyard.
    Last edited by Rinty; 02-16-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    Rinty

In February!!!
    Amazing