• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally -- Day 1

Visian

look out!!!
The rally is off to an interesting start!

Hopefully you'll see more pics as time goes on, but here are a few to peruse tonight.

Two pieces of sculpture

Near the front door of the Civic Center.

Attachments

• sculpture.jpg
    sculpture.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,935
His 31st Rally

Harold Schey, Pioneer and Ambassador. And king patch dude.

Attachments

• haroldschey.jpg
    haroldschey.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,043
Mr. Airhead

Matt Parkhouse shows the factory un-authorized way to synch your carbs.

Attachments

• airheads.jpg
    airheads.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,988
Elaine's Bike

Sweet! Vech & Elaine have pure talent!

Attachments

• elainesbike.jpg
    elainesbike.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,909
I quiver in their presence.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

Attachments

• r90sthreesome.jpg
    r90sthreesome.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,799
Street people

Brother, can you spare a dime?

Attachments

• streetpeople.jpg
    streetpeople.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,712
Almost done....

... and for a great cause. Bob's will donate the proceeds from the sale of this interesting project, plus many other cool odds and ends, to the Ride for Kids

Attachments

• vangurasidecar.jpg
    vangurasidecar.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,743
Unusual site...

Dorothy, I don't think we're in Daytona anymore...!

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,721
The beer was a bit flat.

Usually, people get blown away in the beer tent, but this year, it's the other way around. A storm blew down the beer garden tent early this evening. A few people were hurt, and it's not known how bad.

Attachments

• beertent.jpg
    beertent.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,676
Thanks for the Great Pic's, keep them coming .....Hope everyone got out from under that Beer tent OK

TRC said:
Thanks for the Great Pic's, keep them coming .....Hope everyone got out from under that Beer tent OK

Hey, you're welcome... I'll make more! :burnout

It looks like everyone survived the great beer blowout, although a few are still hurtin' a bit. Everybody pulled together and pulled through it. There will be beer and music tonight.

Less than 2 hours and I go home, change and get on the road. Be there later this evening.:clap

Pictures are nice. keep 'em coming.

Re: The beer was a bit flat.

Visian said:
Usually, people get blown away in the beer tent, but this year, it's the other way around. A storm blew down the beer garden tent early this evening. A few people were hurt, and it's not known how bad.

Any update on this re. the injuries and who and what?

Thx - decided to not go at the last minute...

TERRY-Miami

Injury Update

Hey Guys-

Allow me to weigh in here. I was working in the beer tent when it went and got a really nice view of a 4x4 pole to the head, forearm, tricep, back, and leg.

Lots of scrapes, bruising and soreness. Some small true wounds. <ul><b>All in all we all got lucky.</b></ul> It could have easily been worse.

I can now highly recommend the Aerostich Touring and Road Rash first aid kits.

I talked with Jerry who got something across the nose and a pretty good gash. He is feeling fine.

I have some cool pictures of my black and blues and scrapes if you want to see them.

Ying and Yang ??

Well, before the closing cerimonies I was informed by the Door Prize Co-Chair, Kathy Harmacek that some guy had won an Aerostich suit/gift certificate. Big deal right? It wasn't me!... :dunno

What is unique about this randomly drawn ticket is that the bearer had a brief conversation with her:

She did not know this guy, but he did say "Well, I guess this sorta makes up for this" and promptly showed her his new stitches earned during the storm that attacked the Beer Tent :eek

Almost Heaven

Rt 50 WV July 9th on the way to the rally...

Attachments

• almost heaven rt50 mod.jpg
    almost heaven rt50 mod.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 698
Back