• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle safety PSA

I ride with guys that ride Harleys. They barely wear any safety gear, those little brain catcher helmets and sunglasses for eye protection. They have asked me "Aren't you hot in that stuff?" My response has always been "Proper safety gear is what saved my life. I wont let sweating or not looking cool dictate my safety."

Jay

Jay - I've adopted my pal Omega Man's response to "Aren't you hot in that stuff?" ...which is: "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

This discussion is spirited and educational. :thumb

Except 36654 - damn if he didn't bring up those 'flaming cars' again#$&^%$#$%^&

Nightmares for the next two evenings for sure now. :banghead LOL

Hey …..

Dress for the Ride …..and the Slide.

Wear the skin you're willing to lose.

And as for your head, spend whatever you think your brain is worth. :dance

Something I read in a motorcycle magazine many years ago, “ helmets are for people with brains to protect”

Harley & Beemer Rider

I wonder how much time- if any, the Harley riders spend lobbing pot-shots toward BMW riders?
OM

I can answer that question. The answer is none. When we gather, the subject of other makes of bikes just does not come up often, if at all. I fact, my Harley friends are very complimentary on my 1200GS.

I can answer that question. The answer is none. When we gather, the subject of other makes of bikes just does not come up often, if at all. I fact, my Harley friends are very complimentary on my 1200GS.

:thumb
It was rhetorical......really.
Nice they have other things to do.
OM

Back to the OP, the target audience is all or mostly non riders. They are not likely to be interested in inter brand bickering. What they need is a good description of how riding differs from driving and what drivers can do to make riding safer.

Truth!

As a friend once asked me when I told her I rode an R11RS.
"Yes, but, what kind of Harley is that?"

Voni
sMiling

This one is not too bad:

<iframe width="946" height="532" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uRu5dxE5q8Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

And this one:

<iframe width="946" height="532" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DGecvYWDGVI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

This is a new one:

<iframe width="946" height="532" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ltVtWtJLAYY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

Back