• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Toyota Prius: Major threat?

LOL - the real threat: I love this rant

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-PwlefX4jR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

Coexistence at our house last night.:thumb
My Prius owning Sis in Law was driving the FJ ... and had no hate...imagine that:dunno

20150319_185020_resized.jpg
Don't break a hip falling off the soapbox in NY

Germany has a great law that I'd like to see put into effect here:

If you are in the left lane on an Autobahn, and you are hit in the arse, it's automatically your fault.

Not even close.

You've been hanging around forums too much.

We have had a Prius for years. This is the first I have seen or heard anything about any of this Prius hate or whatever.

It is just a car and I have never thought of it any different from other current cars or previous cars. Must be a medical term for our mental state after reading forums. haha.

11 pages of frick and frack and no Southpark mention? Are you all old or something? :ha

http://youtu.be/AnFAAdOBB1c

No kidding. I was wondering how long this would take. Very funny episode. If any of you ever drive in the Bay Area you'll understand why the episode is based in SF. The North Bay is crawling with Prius' (Priusi, Priuses, Priusene...what a frigging daft name), with 'crawling' being the operative word here.

I don't get it; I rented a Prius once and they can really zip along, and even with spirited urban driving I got over 45mpg. So why the hell so many Prius drivers motate like intestinal blockages is beyond me, especially since the cars deliver good fuel efficiency no matter how aggressively you drive.

I don't get it; I rented a Prius once and they can really zip along, and even with spirited urban driving I got over 45mpg. So why the hell so many Prius drivers motate like intestinal blockages is beyond me, especially since the cars deliver good fuel efficiency no matter how aggressively you drive.

I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.

But I'm with you. My Prius gets up and scoots right along. Even at 80mph I still get mid-40s.

I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.

10MPH under a Pirate ride puts you in Battery-only mode..............

Back