Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Prius: Major threat?

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post

You live in a sparsely inhabited place in Texas. I can't imagine you spend much time being inconvenienced by Prius drivers. Your nearest traffic light is probably 30 miles from your house.
    Actually, the nearest Green/Yellow/Red traffic signal is 115.8 miles from my house. We do have one blinking four-way red light stop closer, but it is 53 miles away.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Prius hate???? Silly you. I commented on an attitude not a car. Good for you doing 58 and not holding up traffic; atta boy. I hope you maintain a similar behavior in an 80 MPH zone or is that the point at which the "who cares what they think" attitude kicks in?

Harry, your thin skin is making you an irresistible focal point.
    Does the 80 mph zone have more than one lane in each direction? If so, I'm not doing 80 mph, just go around me. No law says I have to do 80. Min speed might be 60 on a road like that.

As far as thin skin, remember I'm the one who got a $900 dent kicked in my new Prius by some Prius-hater. That cost me the $100 deductible for vandalism damage, and a week without the car.

I do react to Prius-bashing, the modern day equivalent of a witch hunt.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Harry, I understand your anger resulting from the damage to your car, but accusing me of hate and comparing what I and others have said here to burning people alive is over the top. Hate is a powerful word these days and is often used as a form of attack that is difficult to refute. There are few things that I truely hate and I can assure you that there are no cars among them. If you're not careful your accusations of Prius Hate will be adopted by some academic and next thing you know we'll have people being diagnosed with PHS (Prius Hate Syndrome) and Prius owners will be designated a protected class. A litany of accommodations, tax breaks (oh wait we have those) and support payments will result. I suggest you put the vandalism to your Prius behind you and realize that just about all of the comments on this thread were humor, sarcasm or designed to elicit a response from you and the other Prius owners. Have a good day.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

tax breaks (oh wait we have those)
    Actually, since 2010, non plug-in hybrids, the majority of which are Prius's, don't qualify for tax breaks.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

My sis in law has one...no bad feelings towards owners. It's the driving style of certain drivers that is being poked at...Anyone who hinders folks or be the lane police need to chill...and be courteous. Hyper-miling is not courteous unless you are all by your lonesome.

We have had the speed limit discussion in another thread recently...doing 60 in an 80 will get you in a bind in many ways.

Getting stuck on a double yellowed two lane non- shouldered road behind a rolling roadblock of the blockers choice to be a hard head in certain western states will also get you noticed by the LEO's.

And to get back on the FUN twist
    C'mon SPRING!

PRIUS 3.gif
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

OK...We joined the Toyota club today...so here's one more

Tank-Crushes-Prius.jpg

I also counted Prius's on my 120 mile round trip into AUSTEX today...17, most in the city...and only one with no one in front of her, but many stacked behind in the fast lane. Yeah, Austin has a few...Prius's that is
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    OK...We joined the Toyota club today...so here's one more

Tank-Crushes-Prius.jpg

I also counted Prius's on my 120 mile round trip into AUSTEX today...17, most in the city...and only one with no one in front of her, but many stacked behind in the fast lane. Yeah, Austin has a few...Prius's that is
    FJ's are nice, but thirsty.......
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Me, I'm just trying to nail down what model tank that is. Not an Abrams, I believe.
    Kevin Huddy

Me, I'm just trying to nail down what model tank that is. Not an Abrams, I believe.
    Just because the price of gas has dropped, doesn't mean you have get something with even worse MPG......

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    FJ's are nice, but thirsty.......
    Our 4 wheelers, except for the Kawa Mule, don't see much daily use so MPG wasn't a major concern. Now that opinion may change if we use it for a cross country trip...which seems a non issue at the moment.
    Steve Henson

Just because the price of gas has dropped, doesn't mean you have get something with even worse MPG......
    I can't recall considering what fuel cost before the decline. It is what it is and I do what I do. Now, what's the current cost of JP8?
    Kevin Huddy

I can't recall considering what fuel cost before the decline. It is what it is and I do what I do. Now, what's the current cost of JP8?
    Tell them you're a farmer and get the off-road price..........

Tell them you're a farmer and get the off-road price..........
    Had a few buddies get their diesel sampled by the State Agriculture Dept inspectors at a cattle auction...one of three had red diesel in his dually
    I wondered how they allowed the inspectors to do that w/out a warrant. He got fined and had a court appearance. Said they were standing by his truck when he came out. They had a clear siphon hose and were checking many trucks.
    I was offered to fuel up at the ranch one day when diesel was over $4 a gallon...I passed. I also have a locking cap now though I have nothing to hide.
    Steve Henson

British Chieftan 1965 vintage
    From a show called Roadkill...it starts with a head to head with a GREMLIN. Some adult language by the gearhead TV crew. Once again ALL in fun . The tank part is at the end of the show.

Last edited by henzilla; 03-17-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Steve Henson

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I wondered how they allowed the inspectors to do that w/out a warrant.
    If they wanna check and you wanna stay on the program, you have few choices......

Choice, choices......