Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Prius: Major threat?

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Ever meet anybody that had to replace a Prius battery?
    Yes - Voni's cousin for his mom's Prius.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Yes - Voni's cousin for his mom's Prius.
    So, how bad was that? And, how old and how many miles?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

So, how bad was that? And, how old and how many miles?
    I have no idea. I'd suggest you go to the Prius forum for those answers. Face it. You like the car. I don't dislike the car at all - just the fact that some of the owners seem to feel compelled to drive in a goofy fashion that disturbs the normal flow of traffic and which is in my opinion rude and inconsiderate of other drivers. You don't agree. That's fine with me. I don't really have much of a dog in the fight - I know of one Prius in Brewster County and the lady who drives it is very nice and doesn't drive like a goof!
    Last edited by PGlaves; 03-16-2015 at 03:08 AM.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

I have no idea. I'd suggest you go to the Prius forum for those answers. Face it. You like the car. I don't dislike the car at all - just the fact that some of the owners seem to feel compelled to drive in a goffy fashion that disturbs the normal flow of traffic and which is in my opinion rude and inconsiderate of other drivers. You don't agree. That's fine with me. I don't really have much of a dog in the fight - I know of one Prius in Brewster County and the lady who drives it is very nice and doesn't drive like a goof!
    It's not like I said anything snarky about the Saturn.....
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

It's not like I said anything snarky about the Saturn.....
    As I said - I don't dislike the car. I put a couple of hundred miles on Voni's aunt's prius up in Washington a few summers ago. And I rode with Aunt Viv who in her 80s was more aggressive than I am. And where we live I don't see many hyper milers. But when I do see one I think he or she is a goof! And rude!

Many people think driving the speed limit is rude and inconsiderate, that everyone should be 20 over the speed limit. Who cares what they think?

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Many people think driving the speed limit is rude and inconsiderate, that everyone should be 20 over the speed limit. Who cares what they think?

Harry
    There ya go. That's the sorta attitude that can only irritate, inflame and incite other drivers to act poorly.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    There ya go. That's the sorta attitude that can only irritate, inflame and incite other drivers to act poorly.
    Yeah, I've been to Jersey........

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been to Jersey........
    Or, LA?

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Harry
    Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with a driver driving a car of whatever make/model who begins to slow down by coasting two blocks before the upcoming stop sign, or who accelerates at a snails pace from a stop, or even up a freeway entrance ramp. Go back and read the first few posts in this thread about the behavior I am calling "goofy" and rude!

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Last time I checked, doing the speed limit was legal. Imagine the nerve of someone sticking to the speed limit! It's un-American!

By the way, I don't hold up traffic, and never have: I do 58 indicated on a two-lane 55 mph road where passing is limited, and the speed limit on Interstates where anyone can go around me.

Again, more Prius hate: get over it!

Harry

My Prius is 8 years old and the only battery I have replaced is the 12-volt used to boot up the computer. It's been a fine car.

Harry

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with a driver driving a car of whatever make/model who begins to slow down by coasting two blocks before the upcoming stop sign, or who accelerates at a snails pace from a stop, or even up a freeway entrance ramp. Go back and read the first few posts in this thread about the behavior I am calling "goofy" and rude!
    So you are one of those who races to red lights and stop signs. Figures.

You live in a sparsely inhabited place in Texas. I can't imagine you spend much time being inconvenienced by Prius drivers. Your nearest traffic light is probably 30 miles from your house. I can't believe all the whining in this thread: I have never been inconvenienced or held up by another Prius driver, ever, and I live in New York, land of high gasoline prices and where there tend to more Prius on the road. This entire thread is nonsense.

It seems fashionable to bash Prius drivers, which is what this thread is all about. I mean, come on a major threat (title of this thread)? To what?

Harry

Last time I checked, doing the speed limit was legal. Imagine the nerve of someone sticking to the speed limit! It's un-American!

By the way, I don't hold up traffic, and never have: I do 58 indicated on a two-lane 55 mph road where passing is limited, and the speed limit on Interstates where anyone can go around me.

Again, more Prius hate: get over it!

Harry
    Prius hate???? Silly you. I commented on an attitude not a car. Good for you doing 58 and not holding up traffic; atta boy. I hope you maintain a similar behavior in an 80 MPH zone or is that the point at which the "who cares what they think" attitude kicks in?

Harry, your thin skin is making you an irresistible focal point.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

I have never been inconvenienced or held up by another Prius driver, ever
    Well, Harry,

This where we must part ways.

I have been. However, I can't get too mad at the lovely woman that decided to marry me.