• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Toyota Prius: Major threat?

There ya go. That's the sorta attitude that can only irritate, inflame and incite other drivers to act poorly.

Last time I checked, doing the speed limit was legal. Imagine the nerve of someone sticking to the speed limit! It's un-American!

By the way, I don't hold up traffic, and never have: I do 58 indicated on a two-lane 55 mph road where passing is limited, and the speed limit on Interstates where anyone can go around me.

Again, more Prius hate: get over it!

Harry

My Prius is 8 years old and the only battery I have replaced is the 12-volt used to boot up the computer. It's been a fine car.

Harry

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with a driver driving a car of whatever make/model who begins to slow down by coasting two blocks before the upcoming stop sign, or who accelerates at a snails pace from a stop, or even up a freeway entrance ramp. Go back and read the first few posts in this thread about the behavior I am calling "goofy" and rude!

So you are one of those who races to red lights and stop signs. Figures.

You live in a sparsely inhabited place in Texas. I can't imagine you spend much time being inconvenienced by Prius drivers. Your nearest traffic light is probably 30 miles from your house. I can't believe all the whining in this thread: I have never been inconvenienced or held up by another Prius driver, ever, and I live in New York, land of high gasoline prices and where there tend to more Prius on the road. This entire thread is nonsense.

It seems fashionable to bash Prius drivers, which is what this thread is all about. I mean, come on a major threat (title of this thread)? To what?

Harry

Last time I checked, doing the speed limit was legal. Imagine the nerve of someone sticking to the speed limit! It's un-American!

By the way, I don't hold up traffic, and never have: I do 58 indicated on a two-lane 55 mph road where passing is limited, and the speed limit on Interstates where anyone can go around me.

Again, more Prius hate: get over it!

Harry

Prius hate???? Silly you. I commented on an attitude not a car. Good for you doing 58 and not holding up traffic; atta boy. I hope you maintain a similar behavior in an 80 MPH zone or is that the point at which the "who cares what they think" attitude kicks in?

Harry, your thin skin is making you an irresistible focal point.

You live in a sparsely inhabited place in Texas. I can't imagine you spend much time being inconvenienced by Prius drivers. Your nearest traffic light is probably 30 miles from your house.

Actually, the nearest Green/Yellow/Red traffic signal is 115.8 miles from my house. :) We do have one blinking four-way red light stop closer, but it is 53 miles away.

Prius hate???? Silly you. I commented on an attitude not a car. Good for you doing 58 and not holding up traffic; atta boy. I hope you maintain a similar behavior in an 80 MPH zone or is that the point at which the "who cares what they think" attitude kicks in?

Harry, your thin skin is making you an irresistible focal point.

Does the 80 mph zone have more than one lane in each direction? If so, I'm not doing 80 mph, just go around me. No law says I have to do 80. Min speed might be 60 on a road like that.

As far as thin skin, remember I'm the one who got a $900 dent kicked in my new Prius by some Prius-hater. That cost me the $100 deductible for vandalism damage, and a week without the car.

I do react to Prius-bashing, the modern day equivalent of a witch hunt.

Harry

Harry, I understand your anger resulting from the damage to your car, but accusing me of hate and comparing what I and others have said here to burning people alive is over the top. Hate is a powerful word these days and is often used as a form of attack that is difficult to refute. There are few things that I truely hate and I can assure you that there are no cars among them. If you're not careful your accusations of Prius Hate will be adopted by some academic and next thing you know we'll have people being diagnosed with PHS (Prius Hate Syndrome) and Prius owners will be designated a protected class. A litany of accommodations, tax breaks (oh wait we have those) and support payments will result. I suggest you put the vandalism to your Prius behind you and realize that just about all of the comments on this thread were humor, sarcasm or designed to elicit a response from you and the other Prius owners. Have a good day.

My sis in law has one...no bad feelings towards owners. It's the driving style of certain drivers that is being poked at...Anyone who hinders folks or be the lane police need to chill...and be courteous. Hyper-miling is not courteous unless you are all by your lonesome.

We have had the speed limit discussion in another thread recently...doing 60 in an 80 will get you in a bind in many ways.

Getting stuck on a double yellowed two lane non- shouldered road behind a rolling roadblock of the blockers choice to be a hard head in certain western states will also get you noticed by the LEO's.

And to get back on the FUN twist:jester
C'mon SPRING!

PRIUS 3.gif

OK...We joined the Toyota club today...so here's one more:laugh:laugh:laugh

Tank-Crushes-Prius.jpg

I also counted Prius's on my 120 mile round trip into AUSTEX today...17, most in the city...and only one with no one in front of her, but many stacked behind in the fast lane. Yeah, Austin has a few...Prius's that is:lol

OK...We joined the Toyota club today...so here's one more:laugh:laugh:laugh

View attachment 49063

I also counted Prius's on my 120 mile round trip into AUSTEX today...17, most in the city...and only one with no one in front of her, but many stacked behind in the fast lane. Yeah, Austin has a few...Prius's that is:lol

FJ's are nice, but thirsty.......

FJ's are nice, but thirsty.......

Our 4 wheelers, except for the Kawa Mule, don't see much daily use so MPG wasn't a major concern. Now that opinion may change if we use it for a cross country trip...which seems a non issue at the moment.

Just because the price of gas has dropped, doesn't mean you have get something with even worse MPG......

I can't recall considering what fuel cost before the decline. It is what it is and I do what I do. Now, what's the current cost of JP8?

Tell them you're a farmer and get the off-road price..........:)

Had a few buddies get their diesel sampled by the State Agriculture Dept inspectors at a cattle auction...one of three had red diesel in his dually:nono
I wondered how they allowed the inspectors to do that w/out a warrant. He got fined and had a court appearance. Said they were standing by his truck when he came out.:banghead They had a clear siphon hose and were checking many trucks.
I was offered to fuel up at the ranch one day when diesel was over $4 a gallon...I passed. I also have a locking cap now:whistle though I have nothing to hide.

Me, I'm just trying to nail down what model tank that is. Not an Abrams, I believe.
British Chieftan 1965 vintage
From a show called Roadkill...it starts with a head to head with a GREMLIN. Some adult language by the gearhead TV crew. Once again ALL in fun . The tank part is at the end of the show.

Last edited:
Back