Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Prius: Major threat?

I had a P car come flying up behind me earlier in the week on a two lane road w/ no shoulder and double yellow stripe. I was in my Cummins Dodge pushing 5 over in a 70. Got so close , I could barely see it in the rearview I was not impressed, but not much to do short of having them eat a bumper for several miles.

I finally got to a wider spot in the road and eased over as far as I could... PeePaw and MeeMaw well into their 80's blew by and she was chatting at me...didn't lip read ,but I guess I was not being blessed. Who knows

They def were not HyperMilin'
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I had a P car come flying up behind me earlier in the week on a two lane road w/ no shoulder and double yellow stripe. I was in my Cummins Dodge pushing 5 over in a 70. Got so close , I could barely see it in the rearview I was not impressed, but not much to do short of having them eat a bumper for several miles.

I finally got to a wider spot in the road and eased over as far as I could... PeePaw and MeeMaw well into their 80's blew by and she was chatting at me...didn't lip read ,but I guess I was not being blessed. Who knows

They def were not HyperMilin'
    PeePaw and MeeMaw aren't going to waste the remaining inches on their yardstick of life behind you Pokey. At 50 mpg, they've places to be and money to spend.

Did she smile with that blessing?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    PeePaw and MeeMaw aren't going to waste the remaining inches on their yardstick of life behind you Pokey. At 50 mpg, they've places to be and money to spend.

Did she smile with that blessing?
    She def was not smiling at me, it was an angry stink eye mouthing of words. I was laughing in shock seeing their ages as it took a bit to pass me. I waved
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    She def was not smiling at me, it was an angry stink eye mouthing of words. I was laughing in shock seeing their ages as it took a bit to pass me. I waved
    Just be careful. They might get to heaven before you and lock the door
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Just be careful. They might get to heaven before you and lock the door
    Knowing some people, and how confident they are of their destination, I'll be pleased to be on the other side of the door.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    Knowing some people, and how confident they are of their destination, I'll be pleased to be on the other side of the door.
    A man worthy of a free beer........

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Kia's new NIRO may be some competition for those Prius'sss-

At least the commercials are better

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The new ones are better than my '07.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+1=5

Funny thing is........there's a lot of Prius owners on this forum.
    Funny thing? When I was 3 years old & learning to count, 5 seemed like a lot!
    Now, it just seems to be too many.
    What was that about free beer?
    AntiMatter
    Last edited by tanker4me; 02-11-2017 at 02:38 AM.
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by tanker4me View Post
    Funny thing? When I was 3 years old & learning to count, 5 seemed like a lot!
    Now, it just seems to be too many.
    What was that about free beer?
    AntiMatter
    5 is a big number on this forum.

I and AKSuited are two, but there's more

I've never seriously considered a plug-in hybrid up until now, but the Prius Prime is interesting. The price is not much higher than a Prius, and there is a $4,500 tax credit on the Prime, and the charge cord plugs into a regular 120v outlet. It's got a 25-mile electric range. And in regular hybrid mode it's still good for 53 mpg highway.

More here: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/in...threads/53726/

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I've never seriously considered a plug-in hybrid up until now, but the Prius Prime is interesting. The price is not much higher than a Prius, and there is a $4,500 tax credit on the Prime, and the charge cord plugs into a regular 120v outlet. It's got a 25-mile electric range. And in regular hybrid mode it's still good for 53 mpg highway.

More here: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/in...threads/53726/

Harry
    I would assume the 4500 tax credit will evaporate....soon.

No Prius for me, but I would be all over this! Unfortunately, the north of 70K price tag is out of my league. Maybe a used one in a few years?

https://youtu.be/R1bG5nzjjdk
    2008 R1200RT, KLR 650
    The Second Amendment, America's original homeland security.

I would assume the 4500 tax credit will evaporate....soon.
    It begins to evaporate when Toyota sells 200,000 Prius Prime PHEV's, which shouldn't be real soon.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Harry

FWIW, that Kia Niro will be out, re-skinned by Hyundai as an actual car, where its more reasonable level of air plowing will result in a useful mileage increase- expected to be 50ish. To be released later this year. Anything looking like an SUV is an automatic 15-30% fuel or energy waster compared to a sensible aero shape. The Prius is ugly to many for exactly that reason and unattractive to some who don't care for those lowered traction/low rolling resistance tires.