Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 272

Thread: Toyota Prius: Major threat?

  1. #151
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Did they pay all 700 of those folks to just make stuff up?
    Of the 70,000 units sold each year, I assume you'll have some unhappy customers.

    I would suggest the Consumer Reports rating as more reliable.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Of the 70,000 units sold each year, I assume you'll have some unhappy customers.

    I would suggest the Consumer Reports rating as more reliable.
    A scientist would call that "confirmation bias".
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  3. #153
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    10,296
    Coexistence at our house last night.
    My Prius owning Sis in Law was driving the FJ ... and had no hate...imagine that

    20150319_185020_resized.jpg
    Don't break a hip falling off the soapbox in NY
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  4. #154
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    Germany has a great law that I'd like to see put into effect here:

    If you are in the left lane on an Autobahn, and you are hit in the arse, it's automatically your fault.
    Not even close.

    You've been hanging around forums too much.

  5. #155
    We have had a Prius for years. This is the first I have seen or heard anything about any of this Prius hate or whatever.

    It is just a car and I have never thought of it any different from other current cars or previous cars. Must be a medical term for our mental state after reading forums. haha.
    Seek Fun. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most fools do" BF
    2009 K1300GT,
    2011 R1200GSA
    2014 Kawasaki DTracker; 2016 Honda NC700 DCT

  6. #156

    Smug Alert

    11 pages of frick and frack and no Southpark mention? Are you all old or something?

    http://youtu.be/AnFAAdOBB1c

  7. #157
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    10,296
    Well played
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    11 pages of frick and frack and no Southpark mention? Are you all old or something?

    http://youtu.be/AnFAAdOBB1c
    No kidding. I was wondering how long this would take. Very funny episode. If any of you ever drive in the Bay Area you'll understand why the episode is based in SF. The North Bay is crawling with Prius' (Priusi, Priuses, Priusene...what a frigging daft name), with 'crawling' being the operative word here.

    I don't get it; I rented a Prius once and they can really zip along, and even with spirited urban driving I got over 45mpg. So why the hell so many Prius drivers motate like intestinal blockages is beyond me, especially since the cars deliver good fuel efficiency no matter how aggressively you drive.

  9. #159
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Craftsbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by ecaho View Post

    I don't get it; I rented a Prius once and they can really zip along, and even with spirited urban driving I got over 45mpg. So why the hell so many Prius drivers motate like intestinal blockages is beyond me, especially since the cars deliver good fuel efficiency no matter how aggressively you drive.
    I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.

    But I'm with you. My Prius gets up and scoots right along. Even at 80mph I still get mid-40s.
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

  10. #160
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.
    10MPH under a Pirate ride puts you in Battery-only mode..............
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  11. #161
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,066
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.

    But I'm with you. My Prius gets up and scoots right along. Even at 80mph I still get mid-40s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    10MPH under a Pirate ride puts you in Battery-only mode..............
    For the ultimate Prius mileage, Have a Harley hook up to ten Priuses and tow them to their destination.
    Seems only fair to extoll all the virtues of vehicles involved.

    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  12. #162
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    For the ultimate Prius mileage, Have a Harley hook up to ten Priuses and tow them to their destination.
    Seems only fair to extoll all the virtues of vehicles involved.

    OM
    Yeah, but........ All the Prius occupants will be deaf
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  13. #163
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Tier of New York
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Coexistence at our house last night.
    My Prius owning Sis in Law was driving the FJ ... and had no hate...imagine that

    20150319_185020_resized.jpg
    Don't break a hip falling off the soapbox in NY
    Soapbox?

    Here's what Prius hate looks like:




    That's a $900 boot-print dent in a two-week old Prius.

    Tell me again that Prius hate is imaginary...

    Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

  14. #164
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    10,296
    Seriously Harry...posted that way back in March


    And any chance it was just for any other reason than Anti- Prius? Just sayin'...or did they leave a Prius go home banner nearby? I have had dents left by an ex , I know cause she left a sweet note.

    Most responses here have been light hearted , sorry you feel otherwise and got the snot kicked out of your little car
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  15. #165
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Craftsbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Seriously Harry...posted that way back in March


    And any chance it was just for any other reason than Anti- Prius? Just sayin'...or did they leave a Prius go home banner nearby? I have had dents left by an ex , I know cause she left a sweet note.

    Most responses here have been light hearted , sorry you feel otherwise and got the snot kicked out of your little car
    We had someone hit ours with a hammer. Progressive paid 100%, but told us the Prius was the most vandalized car sold in the US.
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •