Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Toyota Prius: Major threat?

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    The Prius is ugly to many for exactly that reason and unattractive to some who don't care for those lowered traction/low rolling resistance tires.
    Creating a product based on sound engineering principles is apparently bad. As a system design, the Prius is good example of leveraging benefits from multiple technologies to achieve high efficiency.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...ar/2000011407/

I couldn't resist: mine is the Prius Prime Plus in silver.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...ar/2000011407/

I couldn't resist: mine is the Prius Prime Plus in silver.

Harry
    How do you like the styling of the current generation? I promised my wife a new one this year, but she doesn't like the "edgy" new body shape.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    How do you like the styling of the current generation? I promised my wife a new one this year, but she doesn't like the "edgy" new body shape.
    I think the look of the Prius Prime is far better than a regular Prius. The car rides and handles better, and feels more like a luxury car. Those LED headlights are really effective. I really like the car. My old '07 still looks good with no hint of rust. It is going to my daughter, so I have found a good home for it. I was planning on keeping that '07 for two more years, but my oldest grandson has started driving, I wanted to help my daughter out, the Prius Prime has good reviews, and that $4,500 tax credit is very enticing. I'm also not getting any younger, so what the heck. With that tax credit, a Prius Prime is cheaper than a standard Prius.

I had my favorite electrician come over and install a 120 volt outlet on the outside of the house, wired for 20 amps, with a 20 amp breaker and a GFCI double receptacle in an outdoor box with a bubble to keep the weather out. All of that for under $100 and I'm in business and have charged the car with the plug. I did get more than 25 miles of range in full electric yesterday and then the car reverted to hybrid mode and still got better than 50 mpg in hybrid mode.

Harry

Since this is a Prius thread, I'll start by confessing that my wife drives a Prius, and we both agree that it's a great commuter car. My commuter's corner connection is that.... I was riding home from work in Los Angeles, and a Prius was tailgating me in the carpool lane. Traffic was backed up, as it was rush hour, so I wasn't holding back traffic. He ignored my hand-wave asking him to back off. I had a bit of a head cold at the time, so after enduring about 10 minutes with the Prius on my ass, I cleared my throat and let a mucus bomb fly over my shoulder. I looked back and I saw windshield wipers wiping, and a Prius keeping a 30 yard gap. Childish? Maybe, Awesome karma moment? Yessss.

Why single out a Prius driver as a tailgater? I've never had a Prius tailgate me, but plenty of other vehicles.

My running average MPG's after more than 10K miles: 87.1 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by 165937 View Post
    Since this is a Prius thread, I'll start by confessing that my wife drives a Prius, and we both agree that it's a great commuter car. My commuter's corner connection is that.... I was riding home from work in Los Angeles, and a Prius was tailgating me in the carpool lane. Traffic was backed up, as it was rush hour, so I wasn't holding back traffic. He ignored my hand-wave asking him to back off. I had a bit of a head cold at the time, so after enduring about 10 minutes with the Prius on my ass, I cleared my throat and let a mucus bomb fly over my shoulder. I looked back and I saw windshield wipers wiping, and a Prius keeping a 30 yard gap. Childish? Maybe, Awesome karma moment? Yessss.
    My wife drives a Prius. I shared your post with her and we both laughed and laughed and laughed. The newer Prius's (Prii?) have automatic windshield wipers. Get some moisture on the windshield and the wipers turn on. She has a friend with one who had a seagull take a dump on the windshield. The wipers did just like they were designed to do and turned on...spreading the huge mass of white poop all across the windshield.

FWIW, I predominately use engine compression braking and don't get tailgaters.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I think the look of the Prius Prime is far better than a regular Prius. The car rides and handles better, and feels more like a luxury car. Those LED headlights are really effective. I really like the car. My old '07 still looks good with no hint of rust. It is going to my daughter, so I have found a good home for it. I was planning on keeping that '07 for two more years, but my oldest grandson has started driving, I wanted to help my daughter out, the Prius Prime has good reviews, and that $4,500 tax credit is very enticing. I'm also not getting any younger, so what the heck. With that tax credit, a Prius Prime is cheaper than a standard Prius.

I had my favorite electrician come over and install a 120 volt outlet on the outside of the house, wired for 20 amps, with a 20 amp breaker and a GFCI double receptacle in an outdoor box with a bubble to keep the weather out. All of that for under $100 and I'm in business and have charged the car with the plug. I did get more than 25 miles of range in full electric yesterday and then the car reverted to hybrid mode and still got better than 50 mpg in hybrid mode.

Harry
    FYI Harry This is a new NECA code requirment for new home expect inside the garage, one for each car parked inside, but you do not need the bubble cover.

No prius in this family just a '10 camery four cycl., but 32 to 42 mpg

A proud 14/15 MPH average with my Tundra. You Prius folks should surely know that the mocking of your vehicle is now a meme (first time I ever used that word, guess I'm a hipster) and is only reinforced by a response. Everyone gets that they are very fuel efficient; many people just do not care and do not care that some people find that opinion disagreeable.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

My interest in energy efficiency started when spending two summers in Alaska as a college kid, and seeing the receding glaciers.

No one had to tip me off about global warming, and no, I don't care whether you care about that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by 165937 View Post
    🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk