• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from West Virginia

Bmw r1200r

Dealer had a demo ride last Sunday 5/22 and I got to ride a R12000R about 130 miles through some nice twisty PA roads. Unfortunately, it rained the entire time so I was a little skeptical to push the bike a whole lot. Compared to bikes I own, it felt most like my Moto Guzzi Griso - handled similar and engine accelerated a lot like it, but was overall more powerful and smoother. Compared to my S1000R, overall, it felt heavier and slower to turn - also the S1000R has a much faster and snappier engine (of course) and responds more quickly to the acceleration. Not surprisingly, it had a lot more power than my F800GT, but it didn't feel a whole lot different for the most part. The F800 handles better in my opinion, but again if you want power the R1200R has a lot of torque and grunt. If I were to only have the one bike, I feel it would be a good compromise of all I own, but it definitely does not have the spirited power my R1 or S1000R inline 4's have. Glad I had the chance to ride it. Good machine.:dance

Yes, I'll plan on going to Princeton...let me know where to meet up Saturday morning.

Grant

We could meet you in Bruceton Mills or Kingwood?

email me at gsjay at kaplitz dot com and we can discuss..............

Jason

Back