• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Long ride comfort

Save your seat money and buy some the Cruiser model from Moto-Skiveez's.

I ain't saying this myself, but a good friend bought these things and he claims the edges of the cushioning material cut into his leg. Apparently it was very uncomfortable.

I use those elastic bicyclist shorts for undies and they work pretty well as far as not getting stuck on your arses.
You can get cheaper versions of these at most department stores: JC Pennys, Sears, Macy

RDL Seat

I just got my seat back from Russell. The cover material in the seating area is Sunbrella. It is a canvas-like material and is supposedly not as slippery or hot as Vinyl. I haven't been on the road with it yet but it sure looks comfortable!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1970 PLymouth Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 PLymouth Barracuda Fastback, 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda Convertible, 6.1 L Hemi
2015 K1600GTL, Magnesium Beige

Attachments

• IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3595.jpg
    IMG_3595.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3593.jpg
    IMG_3593.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
had the same problem... raise the seat,,, 32" now I can stay in the saddle most of the day

Bridwell Terhune
MSF Rider Coach #136275
Patriot Guard Rider Ky.#124388
GWRRA # 611040 KY-A
BMWMOA # 102726
Enjoy Life - It Has An Expiration Date
Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Shelbyville Ky.
bterhune@dcr.net
502-655-0026 cell
502-633-4594 anytime

Rick meyer

Been a while since I posted. I got a chance to take two long trips last summer on my Rick Meyer seat. One to northern NY and one to CO, both round trip from Arkansas. The seat was great. I'm 5'9" and have the high girl seat on my gt. Looking forward to another riding season on it. Hope it helps. Now I just need a good windshield.....

Oops

Guess I should have proof read. That's a high gtl seat on my gt. Gotta learn to outsmart this I phone

There are lots of windshield options for the K16s. Aeroflow and CeeBailey are the most popular. The Aeroflow wings (and mini wings for some) are almost a necessity.

Need more comfortable seat

THIS^^^ I have a Laam and a RDL, find the Laam every bit as long mile comfortable (tank to tank riding) as the RDL, without the height or movement penalty... seriously considering selling the RDL.

So I have neither ... I agree that the stock seat becomes a beast after about four hours.. I have a gel pad seat (from Gina's BMW in Iowa City) as the AirHawk outs me up too high and I lose contact with the bike...
so... what you want for the RDL?

thanks

Back