• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Up High, Alone, Unplanned. Not Bad.

An afternoon ride

What a great post. Beautiful pics and the historical tie ins are just cool. You get an A+ and a big thanks.
You Colorado guys & gals are a lucky bunch, it takes me three days just to reach the Rockies where you go for an afternoon ride! I'm so jealous!!
Thanks again
Joe

dancogan said:
Yup, and you're helping us collect your memories. You're going to have me convinced to trade in the CL for a GS before we make our trip to Colorado. Your writing and pictures sure make a person wish. Thanks.

He's convincing me to ride to Colorado!

Cliffy777 said:
i know you are a high tech dude - are your pics on the smugmug dealio? izzat why they are so full and rich? i hate what my pics look like after i shrink them down to fit on the forum here.
comcast is my internet provider and they are offering some kind of photo storage service, but i do not know the particulars yet.
are you a smugmugger or what?

Cliffy, Been in airports and on long flight most of the day. No place like home.

You know, I resized these to 800x600, or 25% of the original image size. I used Microsoft Photo Editor and I noticed resizing them to certain sizes, like 640x480 or 1024x768 caused image degradation. It was at 800x600 (and 1290x) where things looked nice. So depending on the pixel size of the camera, the resize values can influence quality and sharpness. I came soooo close to posting the images at the 1290x value, they look so much better large, as if in the photo or there. I place them at my own web site. I registered the URL of my last name back in the 90's, probably bothering many (including commercial) who didn't do so before me :).

BTW, I used to live in Ada.... Near Pettis and Five Mile. Maybe we exchanged notes on this. I visited Ada from space the other day using the great website http://www.flashearth.com.

Everyone: If you haven't done so, check out http://www.flashearth.com.

BlueKnight said:
sfarson said:
Ever find yourself with an unplanned afternoon open?

Yes. But I just couldn't make it to Colorado. :D However, make sure you keep a couple of cold ones on ice. I might just show-up at your doorstep when I hang my spurs in 30 months.

Mike

Mike,

Thought of you last week when I was in Toronto... looking at the lakes and terrain from the air. Anytime you can make it this way, let me know.

Oh, and I may be putting my briefcase away in 30 months or so too. Something to look forward to eh?

Steve

SFDOC said:
Sweeeeet, that reminded me of being in Colorado Springs and taking day trips over the passes. Nice report and great photos.

I'm sure you have, but try that trip at night (camping sometime) and you'll be looking at the 'Big Dipper' and other celestial sightings on the horizons not the sky.

And people wonder why we say the GS 'IS' the best motorcycle ever!

Great trip, Thanks

SF... I'm at 8800ft and have a Meade 10" Schmidt Cassegrain telescope just for these kinds of observations! However, I don't use it much in the winter for I've learned I'm a wuss in the night time cold.

bob1150 said:
Thanks for the great photo essay. I've liked all areas of the country I've ridden in, but your trip and pix show why the west is still the best. So, do you think the little lady will tell her friend "see you later" and go with you next time?

Bob

Showed you post to my wife and she asked me if we can go on a ride this Saturday.

Back