• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigation voice commands without radio on?

tom023

Ok, new to my 2015 R1200RT and this forum, I apologize for less than a substantial first post. I would like to have navigation voice commands over the sound system without the radio on but the only way I figured out how to do this is to have the sound system on with either the "USB" or "AUX" input selected. This is fine, but when the sound system is turned on, you lose that nice digital speedometer that shares the display. I know I have the analog speedo and digital speed on the GPS if I show the data bar, but the big digital one is nice. So, 1.) Is there a way to have navigation voice commands over the sound system without it being turned on (I think not) or 2.) With the sound system on, is there any way to get the digital speedo to re-display in stead of the radio input data?

Thanks all,

Tom

Ok, new to my 2015 R1200RT and this forum, I apologize for less than a substantial first post. I would like to have navigation voice commands over the sound system without the radio on but the only way I figured out how to do this is to have the soune.d system on with either the "USB" or "AUX" input selected. This is fine, but when the sound system is turned on, you lose that nice digital speedometer that shares the display. I know I have the analog speedo and digital speed on the GPS if I show the data bar, but the big digital one is nice. So, 1.) Is there a way to have navigation voice commands over the sound system without it being turned on (I think not) or 2.) With the sound system on, is there any way to get the digital speedo to re-display in stead of the radio input data?

Thanks all,

Tom

I never knew how to get the voice until I read your comment above about AUX.

I agree that the digital speedo is nice to have, but slightly inaccurate. I use the Nav 5's big speedo readout for my true speed. But that would cut out your view of the riding screen.

An interesting problem.

Back