• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Remus Exhaust F650 GS (2002)

mik4160

So, after realizing that my 650 GS sounds like an oversized lawn mower I'm seriously considering puting on a Remus exhaust system. I've been quoted a price around $750 or so before labor. Now, before I run out and toss away my hard earned flow I wanna know if anyone has an opinion on the Remus exhaust system. What about the price? And where's the best place to get it.

Mucho Gracias :twirl

Before buying the Remus take a look at the Supertrapp system at http://www.advrider.com/ as they allow you to adjust the exhaust note to your liking by baffles and the price is good, also they offer storage pipes to balance the appearance too. Very cool. This place really works with you too and have great advice too.

Just a thought,
Andy

Thanks for the info. But why is it that only one of my pipes will work with that system. I'm not all that mechanically savvy, but two seems better than one. Also, why is the price so much cheaper than what I was quoted for a remus? Thanks.

Mik a couple of links for you:
http://www.f650.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=38396

http://www.motorsports-network.com/...template=/dbcart3/returnre.htm,DB_brand=bmw-2

http://www.f650.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=159483

http://www.f650.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=149300

These are links to the Chain Gang posts on both SuperTrapp and Remus with both types of comments for balance. I have been looking at all kinds of pipes for my wife's F650 and my 1150 and the results weres as follows:

Most dealers carry Remus as a result of the connection between the brand name and the brand BMW and the margin that the brand allows for dealerships. They are a great import pipe in the same way that Two Brothers is also a great pipe and almost all deliver similar performance specs. The Remus is a high brand and as a result you pay for the name in part, and also some of the materials such as titanium and carbon fibre.

I was also told that it comes down to personal preference to the sound and tuning specs mainly as each pipe dynos out a little different. Supertrapp is not as recognized in BMW land as Remus...although it is a well known pipe nontheless. I like the ability to add and subtract the sound with the baffle plates at will, and the fact that factory cases fit on with that can also. I also like the storage can for the right side versus the Remus. By the time you add that into the price it gets close.

I feel the biggest difference between the two is the brand name price and the optional offerings etc.

mik...I forgot to answer that last question sorry...on the F650 only one pipe works anyway, the tight side since the left is just the cat and the crossover pipe takes it to the right side for muffling and exhaust. The performance pipes on an F650 replace the Cat and the right pipe. If you look down the tube on the left pipe you will notice it is blocked off anyway since it serves as the cat.

I saw a 650 w/o a right pipe and it looks odd, not balanced at all. I like the dummy right pipes as storage since few people think to look to break into a muffler for valuables...lol

I had a remus on my 650 dakar and it sounded throaty without being loud. Looks were just awesome.

Attachments

• P1010003 (Small).JPG
    P1010003 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 181
very very very simple to install. so save the $$ on the labor.

Attachments

• P1010011 (Small).JPG
    P1010011 (Small).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 182
Stuff2c...did the Remus come with both pipes? The ones that I have looked at seemed to come with just the left side...did you pay additional for the right? Or was yours around $700 too if I may ask please? Nice looking setup, this is just like my wife's...cool thanks

i ordered mine from bmw tampa at around that $700 i believe (3 years ago). if you call jesse over there he can look it up for you. nice guys in tampa!

650 exhaust

Ok, guys. I think I've made a decision. stayintune also has 650 exhaust. Its an aluminum single pipe set up for around $400 or $450. That price is for a single pipe. However, you can buy a dummy pipe for the other side and make your own compartment out of it if you want. I think I'm going to try that and see how a single pipe setup looks. Also remember that a one pipe set up will save some weight. The price is hard to beat. The remus is a two can set up like the factory pipes. :sick

Long time........No hear!

O.k. guys. I got the staintune and I love it. I had the baffle out for a while but got annoyed with the Harley like sound. It was also pissin; off the neigbors. But,,,put it back in and its perfect. Its a little louder than the stock system, but now has a beefy'er tone. And, it doesn't look all that bad with only one pipe on. I'll have to find a picture of it. SO....anyone wanna buy a oem '02 650 exhaust??

Back