View Poll Results: When I click the Flea Market link in the banner at the top of this page this happens:

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • It always loads fine and I don't think it is a problem

12 32.43%
  • It sometimes loads fine and sometimes hangs and I don't think it is a problem

3 8.11%
  • It hangs a lot without loading and I think it needs to be fixed

22 59.46%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Flea Market Poll

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
    It loaded fine.
    As I posted earlier it does seem more stable lately but until someone chimes in to tell us what has changed we have no idea if it will last. Here's hoping though.

Not sure when the new FM will be stable and work correctly, but there's hope. Heck, I think we could get along just fine utilizing just the Member Marketplace section of the forum. AdvRider and other sites work well this way. Little bit of a learning curve to post pics but it's doable.
    Cromwell2

'15 R1200RTW
    '04 ED80 Rockster

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    With the old format can't remember any thread going on and on about flea market not working. Maybe some complaints but I never heard them.

Seriously, I don't bother looking at it now and in the past I bought stuff. In the old days I found it easy to use the printed adds. Get home from work, call a dude up LD touch dial land line, cut them a personal check, week later stuff arrives on front step. No inter web needed.

Last summer kid asked me, "What's that?" I said, "A radio!" He asked, "What's that?"

There's a point where progress becomes redundant. Slick becomes white noise.

Remember when a paper kid threw the want adds on the step, you grabbed a cup of joe at the kitchen table on a crisp Sat. morning and looked through the motorcycle columns?

There it was, your next bike in all its glory, a 1975 BMW R90S, and only 2500 bucks. Hey, I'll call on the phone and hear what the guy has to say.

No staring at a screen as battery powers down, no trying to refocus your vision if you look up, no clicking around in frustration, no bogus adds, caveat emptor reigned, close the adds and put them in the bird cage. There really wasn't much of a problem.

+1
    Get rid of Panjo...

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    As I posted earlier it does seem more stable lately but until someone chimes in to tell us what has changed we have no idea if it will last. Here's hoping though.
    Hanging this morning - knew it was too good to be true. Five load timeouts using the default style. Changed it to Blau and it finally loaded. Changed it back to default and it loaded again.
    Last edited by mikegalbicka; 02-02-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Mike -

When it was hanging, it would have been a good time to try my suggestion here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....l=1#post974999
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    Sorry, the marketplace cannot load on Internet Explorer 8 or below.

In our quest to provide you with the best experience possible, the marketplace uses features which Internet Explorer 8.0 does not support. Don't get us wrong, we love Microsoft, but even Microsoft stopped supporting IE 8 in April 2014.

Below is a list of compatible browsers:
    Google Chrome
    Mozilla Firefox
    Opera
    Latest Internet Explorer

Thanks!
    Updating this post.

I just tried Flea Market link this morning from home and the Panjo Marketplace loaded quickly and appeared to be complete.
    I was able to sort by bike type and viewed the R1150R Rockster, then went to the "Other BMWs" category and looked at a C.
    After that, it would not take me back to the "Other" category and I couldn't even get to the main Flea Market page.

I will continue to look at the ads in the Forum section as threads, but find the actual Marketplace to be cumbersome and unreliable.

Fortunately, there is not much that I really "need," but I will not be trying to sell anything here.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Mike -

When it was hanging, it would have been a good time to try my suggestion here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....l=1#post974999
    I did when I got to work. See that thread for results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromwell2 View Post
    Not sure when the new FM will be stable and work correctly, but there's hope. Heck, I think we could get along just fine utilizing just the Member Marketplace section of the forum. AdvRider and other sites work well this way. Little bit of a learning curve to post pics but it's doable.
    +1
    Tom
    2019 RT

I did when I got to work. See that thread for results.
    I guess I missed it. My suggestion wasn't to change styles/skins but to go to another forum also running Panjo.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I guess I missed it. My suggestion wasn't to change styles/skins but to go to another forum also running Panjo.
    I didn't change the style. When I went to your link it loaded the default style for that link automatically which was planet 9. Same when I came back to ours. It loaded the default.

I didn't change the style. When I went to your link it loaded the default style for that link automatically which was planet 9. Same when I came back to ours. It loaded the default.
    Thanks...that's interesting. The planet-9 marketplace is about as stable as they come according to the owner. They have stable plug-ins on their site...something we might have to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
    I just clicked it for the first time. It loaded fine.

I don't see anything I want to buy but I sure do have a lot of BMW stuff that I could sell.
    Please report back with your experience after you've used Panjo to post your For Sale items. I'm curious to see if your impression changes.

I think the guideline in business goes like this: What you can do well, do. What you cannot do well but wish to do, farm out to someone who can do it well for your company. If you can't afford that, then just don't do it--concentrate on what you can do well and be happy to direct customers to another business (or site) that can better handle that portion of their needs or wants. Maybe that's where we are at--focus on doing a great job with ads in the magazine proper and direct electronic ads to a site that can better handle them?? There are just a lot of us who have difficulty understanding why it's so easy to post or find a FS item on I-BMW.com, ADVRider.com, or IBMWR.org and so difficult in Panjo. IMHO, of course.

Best,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST 1984 R80 G/S-PD 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C 2010 K1300GT 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

I can't find the flea market on the mobile site. Does anyone know where to find it? I have notifications, search (which only searches entries) messages, etc. No categories like on the website.

pockomoth -

I don't usually use any special skin to visit the forum when on my smartphone...I just view with a normal browser. But if I choose the Mobile Style, I get to this type of screen after I click on the small box at the top right of the page...takes me as high as I go. Is this what you see? If so, I certainly agree with you there's no way to get to the Flea Market.

Is there anyway you could navigate to the BMW Homepage and select the Flea Market link from there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

For the bottom row of items, only the photo shows, no description.