• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Michigan guy gets 1150RT in San Diego

Pie is sold everywhere in the world. And is much the same.
If you go to Julian, go in the gold mine. You can't do that everywhere. But you can get pie anywhere.
Ortega Highway also has a tremendous rush hour. Heavy traffic west in the a.m. around 8 a.m. and heavy traffic east around 4 or 5 p.m.
But open at other times. And full of weekend warriors on weekends.
Some other nice rides are to Tecate, and then south into Ensenada, and over to San Felipe, then back thru' Mexicali.
dc

Ortega.
Oh, that is 74 up closer to LA area. Maybe further than we may go on a day trip.

Gold mine. Sounds like something to see (wife doesn't want to ride all day, so need some other activitys too)

Tecate, along there on 94.
94 is on my list.
But those other places.... Nope, not intending to cross the border.

southern california/san diego-area rides

after living in southern california for twenty years, i've had the pleasure of riding some fun rides in the state.

in no particular order: palomar mountain (fast and slow sides); the 74 ortega highway between the 5 (san juan capistrano) and 15 (lake elsinore); the 2, angeles crest (la canada between big pines or so, but still doable on a day ride); lake arrowhead and big bear; mountain roads from san diego-temecula-palm springs (highway 15 north to 79 to 371 to 74); rock store at 30354 mulholland hwy; san diego south: telegraph canyon, otay lakes to 94/campo rd east for some of the most amazing roads in so. cal. if you want a nice trip to mexico without the drama of tijuana, consider heading south on the 188 into tecate for some authentic street tacos; pch/hwy 1 from dana point to long beach, head west over the vincent thomas (47) and then south and west to rancho palos verdes all the way around the peninsula and pick up the pch in redondo beach, but THE NUMBER ONE, NOT TO BE MISSED RIDE IN ALL OF CALIFORNIA, IF NOT THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES, IS HIGHWAY 1 BETWEEN MORROW BAY AND CARMEL.

sorry to YELL. hehe

enjoy your ride(s). california has so many amazing roads. be sure to let us know which routes you get to ride.

riding in mexico

94 is on my list.
But those other places.... Nope, not intending to cross the border.

honestly, not a bad idea to avoid mexico. i've ridden many miles in northern mexico and i stopped going at least nine years ago due to the uncertainly and general riding enjoyment. i'm sure there are great rides for a GS rider, but i wouldn't spend any time there touring.

Back