• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Day Passes in Billings

Sue

Friend of the Marque
Announcement:

This year marks the first time we are offering day passes as a trial-run.
Depending on how this goes, it may happen again in future years.

Here are the rules:
*** Day passes will be available at Rally Registration on Saturday-Only
*** Walk-in access only: Bikes or cars must remain outside the gate
*** A day pass will allow access to the event; it will not include door prize tickets, pin, patch, or rally program.
*** Cost will be $30; Childrens prices are unchanged for day pass

See ya'll in Billings! BE THE ADVENTURE!

What will be the cost for a full Rally pass this year? Right to assume those purchasing One-Day Passes will have full access to purchase from all vendors? Thanks

What will be the cost for a full Rally pass this year? Right to assume those purchasing One-Day Passes will have full access to purchase from all vendors? Thanks

Fees are as follow:
MOA Members $50 pre-registration $60 at gate
Non-MOA Members $70 pre-registration $80 at gate
Children ages 6-15 $5 pre-registration $10 at gate
No charge for ages 5 and under

Yes,The Saturday Only Day Pass will have access to purchase from all vendors.

Announcement:

Here are the rules:
*** A day pass will allow access to the event; it will not include door prize tickets, pin, patch, or rally program.

:clap:clap:clap
Great news, especially to those with friends or relatives near the rally. Glad to see the board move on this!

DG

Announcement:

Here are the rules:

:thumb

Excellent example of leadership listening to their membership base. Thanks Sue and others for all your hard work. I really hope this decision to give it a try becomes a win-win for the MOA and and it's members.

does it include the night? :hide

No. This means that the Billings Rally will require more security volunteers to do "tent checks" and roust out any "day passers" who may be co-mingling with the multi-day'ers.:blush

JUST KIDDING!
:p

I really hope this works out. Of course, I wish they would've tried this in St. Paul so many of my friends and family could've shared in the local rally, but so it goes.

No. This means that the Billings Rally will require more security volunteers to do "tent checks" and roust out any "day passers" who may be co-mingling with the multi-day'ers.:blush

JUST KIDDING!
:p

I really hope this works out. Of course, I wish they would've tried this in St. Paul so many of my friends and family could've shared in the local rally, but so it goes.

Agreed. At least it's "a foot in the door," and I applaud Sue and her co-conspirators for finally making this happen.

Besides getting friends and family to attend, I think it's a draw to future sites when we can promise the locals that they too can pay a visit and see what all the hoopla is about.

Financially, may not benefit the MOA beyond the gate fee, but the vendors will appreciate more business and it promotes both the BMW brand and the MOA club - win-win! :clap

This is a great development. I know a couple of folks that would never attend a rally that are interested in a one day visit.

This being Montana the question about where to corral the horses has come up. And, can they bring in a calf?

The board gets the credit

Just want to be clear on this: This action was on the part of the board of directors, and this year is a trial run. I am happy that Billings is the test-site for this. But Vance Harrelson and the Events committee proposed this and the board endorsed it. Thanks Vance! :)

On the other hand . . . and this is why I am not 100% behind the concept: Putting on a rally costs a lot of $$$.

What if - in the future, at a rally site near a big urban area - more local riders begin to opt for only a one-day pass? There could be an opposite result in the financial bottom line. Is it possible we could lose money because riders who would have paid the full fee will choose instead, the less expensive fee?

I don't know. :dunno All I know is that balancing the rally budget is tough, and gate fees are what makes the difference between being in the RED, or in the BLACK.

Just want to be clear on this: This action was on the part of the board of directors, and this year is a trial run. I am happy that Billings is the test-site for this. But Vance Harrelson and the Events committee proposed this and the board endorsed it. Thanks Vance! :)

On the other hand . . . and this is why I am not 100% behind the concept: Putting on a rally costs a lot of $$$.

What if - in the future, at a rally site near a big urban area - more local riders begin to opt for only a one-day pass? There could be an opposite result in the financial bottom line. Is it possible we could lose money because riders who would have paid the full fee will choose instead, the less expensive fee?

I don't know. :dunno All I know is that balancing the rally budget is tough, and gate fees are what makes the difference between being in the RED, or in the BLACK.

It took years to fine tune the revenue side: vendor fees, beer tent profits, pre-registration, registration, and balance that against the expense side. Don't be surprised to see it take a while to figure out what may be a new normal. Life goes on and the world continues to turn.

What if - in the future, at a rally site near a big urban area - more local riders begin to opt for only a one-day pass? There could be an opposite result in the financial bottom line. Is it possible we could lose money because riders who would have paid the full fee will choose instead, the less expensive fee?.

I think day passes will make the club more money. Only time will tell who's right on this one.

BTW, is there parking available outside the gate?

The revenue concerns are real so start incrementally.

Experimenting with the idea is the first increment. Manage when and how day passes are sold along with how they are marketed. For example and discussion only:
- Sell them only on Saturday, i.e. no advanced sales.
- Include the fact they are available in all local advertising, interviews or information for articles about the rally made available to local media.
- Continue the historical approach to advertising and selling to members.
- Limit the number of day passes available for sale.

I think day passes will make the club more money. Only time will tell who's right on this one.

BTW, is there parking available outside the gate?

Yes, there is a very large parking lot right outside of Registration, plenty of room.

Back