• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Akron, Ohio

lstamp

Hello,
I've had my mc endorsement since I was in college in 1966. Rode enduros in southern Ohio on a Yamaha for a while. Put the career on the front burner, but kept in touch with bikes all along but not much riding. I just bought a 2005 R 1200RT. "It's red and beautiful." I rode as many miles as i could before the roads froze over here. Looking for places and people to tour with in the coming year.
Lew

Welcome to the forum and the MOA, Lew!! Think about heading to Billings, MT, in July for the National Rally. That'll be a good ride... :thumb If you have any questions, ask away...

Hello,
I've had my mc endorsement since I was in college in 1966. Rode enduros in southern Ohio on a Yamaha for a while. Put the career on the front burner, but kept in touch with bikes all along but not much riding. I just bought a 2005 R 1200RT. "It's red and beautiful." I rode as many miles as i could before the roads froze over here. Looking for places and people to tour with in the coming year.
Lew
Welcome to the forum! We have had some real cold but it's 53* and night :thumb If it was light, I'd go for a ride.
Gary

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum! Like yourself I took a number of years off riding while starting a family and career. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new ride.

As others have mentioned plan to join us at the Billings International Rally!

Hello Lew. Welcome! I'll be working the Cleveland M/C show January 30,31 & Feb 1st. If you attend, stop by the MOA booth and say hi.

Welcome to the forum Lew. I purchased a 2014 RTW last year and love the bike. Give me a yell if you get down in my part of the state. I'm just two hours south in St. Clairsville, Ohio with endless great roads.
St. Clairsville is just 30 minutes from PA and 15 minutes from WV. Plus riding in southeastern Ohio is wonderful. Larry

Where you want to ride???

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am also new on the forum and a new member of the MOA based in South Africa! I own and run a motorcycle touring operation here. If you are looking for a brilliant destination to spend a week or two drop me an email and I'll reply with details:
http://due-south.co.za

Joe

Ohio MOA ,BMW s owner

Howdy, I am Jerry and I am also interested in touring and getting to know others that want to do some riding. Won't be long before the weather

warms some. Best to you. Seems to be lots of MOA members in your immediate area. Also a Chapter. Best to you.

If you haven't been in to visit with Gene (the owner) and Jamie (the service manager) at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia, you should. They are great people and it's fantastic riding south and southeast of them.

One more welcome from Ohio - The closer you get to enduro trails, the better the roads get. New Philly area is a nice jumping off point to exit the slab and start picking up some good roads like 800 & some stuff around Tappan. It is all good from there to the River, just watch for holes and debris this spring.

The Cleveland club (www.BMWMOC.org) does some group rides and has some mini rallies. They have a meeting tonight if you are looking for something to do.

BMW Motorcycle Owners of Clevleand Membership Meeting
Thursday March 5, 2015 at 7PM
"Riding the ALPS w/Paul & Linda"
Cheers and Gears, 23333 Aurora Rd, Bedford Hts, Ohio

Welcome Lew

Lew,
I am the Secretary of the Akron BMW Club. I don't really frequent the blog, but I glad I saw your post. Better Late than Never! TNevling is correct, the best way to find us on Facebook or we meet every Sunday Morning at the Farmer Boy Restaurant on 91 and 224 in Springfield Lake. Breakfast order is taken at 8am. Weather permitting we often take a ride after eating. Sometimes includes either lunch or ice cream (a club favorite). We have road and GS riders in our club. Just a great group of people.

TNevling We Love You Too, See you on the road soon!

Back