• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 USCA National Rally

WDSHORT

The 2015 USCA National Rally - The Monumental Rally - (It's all about the ride!!) will be held in the Black Hills of South Dakota starting June 25th and going through June 28th. The Central is the Elkview Campground at exit 37 -I90 just SE of Sturgis. It will feature rides through some of the best scenery and crookedest roads that the Black Hills has to offer. We will ride to Mount Rushmore (there are at least 3 ways to get there from Rally Central - all of them great.

Check us out at www.sidecar.com and click on the USCA National Rally option at the top of the home page or contact me at jwshort@rap.midco.net.

Will Short
North Central Director USCA
Rally Host
Rapid City, SD
jwhort@rap.midco.net

In my own backyard! Must be fate.

I have been wanting a sidecar for my 1995 GS 1100 and now found out a sidecar rally will be in the Black Hills! Anyone know of any sidecars for sale that would fit my bike? Or can someone with more experience direct me to a reputable manufacturer of sidecars for my bike?

DMC Sidecars is a good source. Good products and support with items specific to your bike. Check them out at dmcsidecars.com. Another source maybe EZS. Good luck. A hack will change your life for the better. Ride easy,
gp

sidecar rally

I have been wanting a sidecar for my 1995 GS 1100 and now found out a sidecar rally will be in the Black Hills! Anyone know of any sidecars for sale that would fit my bike? Or can someone with more experience direct me to a reputable manufacturer of sidecars for my bike?

Why not just attend the rally? They won't deny you entrance just because you're not on a sidecar. I'm sure there will be somebody there on a GS 1100 with a chair attached who will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Probably vendors and seminars as well.

Sidecaring is not really a cheap experience to get into on a whim. The rally will be a cheap exposure to the idea and equipment involved.....a VERY different experience than riding a two wheeler.

But, damn it is fun ! :dance

Friedle
63 R75/2 with Steib S-500
and others

You'll probably find it cheaper to buy a used Ural than it is to have a hack put on your bike.

Also at the two USCA rallies I went to (Stevenson, WA, and Couer de A'lane, ID) there were used hacks for sale. The cool thing about the USCA rally is the amazing combos you'll see. I mean we all know about Beemers and Harleys being hacked, but you'll see Japanese sport-tourers with hacks, retro Triumphs with hacks, Moto Guzzis with hacks, luxury barges with hacks, etc.

Sidecar builder.

I would highly recommend Claude Stanley Motorsports if you are looking to have a car built or fitted to your bike. He is great to deal with and extremely well regarded in the SC circles. He is located in central PA and builds cars that are traveling all over the world.

Back