• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Ontario Canada

britturk

Hello to all from Ontario..:ca
Very glad to have at last joined MOA and the forum.
Living in Ontario/Canada with my Brit wife ,I was originally born and raised in Istanbul/Turkey

Had an attraction for BMW GS for much longer than I am able to consciously recognize, but after watching Long Way Around and Long Way Down years ago for the first time, this love became quite apparent and I have been dreaming of a GS every since.
Over the years my wife and I watched both Ewan&Charley series way too many times and my wife got sick of passing me tissues to wipe off my drool...eventually in September 2014 I made the leap to a 2012 R1200GS from our wonderful Gen6 VFR800.

My wife and I love to travel two-up and been to Tail of the Dragon in 2013 two up on the VFR which was fantastic on twisties but agonizing during slabbing on 1000km first and last days...looking forward to many more long distance rides on the much more comfortable (to us) GS.

Greetings and respects too all
cheers

Bugra

Welcome, and congrats on your new bike! Where abouts in Ontario are you? Dave and I divide our time between Oakville and Flesherton. We each ride and were down in that area in 2012 to visit friends, so rode the Dragon while we were there. Fun, wasn't it?

Enjoy yourselves and come back to tell us all about your adventures on the GS!

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl..
We are located in Glen Morris (small town between Cambridge and Paris) but I work in Burlington so rack up a few kms every season commuting on two wheels before permafrost hits.
Yes, all roads we got to around the Dragon and Blue Ridge was excellent and a ton of fun.
Coming back to Southern Ontario I felt like, so...why do we need a steering again ?!?!? thanks to our mostly grid system roads (minus forks of the credit rd of course...Ooo watch out Cherohala !!)

We are planning a ~7K trip in early summer to Cabot trail through Vermont, coast of Maine and coming back through Gaspe peninsula
Looking forward to meeting MOA members in Canada and USA

Bugra

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum - great bike you have there, I'm sure it will serve you for many, many miles/adventures

Thanks for being a member!

Come join us at the International Rally in Billings, July 23-26.

Welcome to the Forum, neighbour! :wave

Be certain to check the clubs near you; The Niagara Riders and the Toronto BMW Club. As well, the Loonie-Tics are located in the Trenton area, the Sun Parlour Beemers are in the Lemmington region and the Forest City Motorrad Club operates out of London. You will find information about all of these clubs under the membership, or look them up on-line.

Cheers!

Welcome britturk

Make sure you have lots of rubber on your tires for the Cabot trail - the surface is unusually abrasive (both a good and bad thing) ... I thought I had enough rubber for the loop a couple of years ago - but needed a new rear sooner than expected ..! Fantastic ride - as is the Gaspe.

Gio

Fellow Canadian!

Welcome to the MOA Forum fellow Canadian!

If you are out for a ride on the 2nd Sunday of the month stop in at 9:00am for breakfast and meet our
Niagara BMW Riders Club. We meet in Smithville Ontario at the Mapleleaf Pancake House on Hiway 20.
We get from 40 to 70 riders show up for breakfast then we go out into the parking lot and tell lies.

Hope you can join us sometime!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and thanks to fellow Canadians re local clubs.

Gio, cheers for the tip on road surface at Cabot trail...if you wouldn't mind I will reach out as the time gets closer for some recommendations in the area as we hope to do some shamrock tours.

Bugra

Back