• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a Photo of your K-bike

How did you manage the spoked wheels?

The wheels are from an R1150GSA. Installation on the front was pretty straight forward, although I did have to machine a spacer, change to different spec seals and I used the rotors from the K-bike. The rear required use of a GS caliper and rotor as well as some machining of the final drive housing to accept the GS style ABS sensor.

Ted

New to me K75S

Just got a 93 K75S with 90K on it. Did some searching and found a set of City Bags. Pretty happy with this one. It has some issues that I'm working out. The ignition switch is intermittent so I have started looking for a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 135
Just got a 93 K75S with 90K on it. Did some searching and found a set of City Bags. Pretty happy with this one. It has some issues that I'm working out. The ignition switch is intermittent so I have started looking for a replacement.

Welcome to the forum!
I think there is a thread or two on those ignition switches around here.
Enjoy.
Gary

Welcome to the forum!
I think there is a thread or two on those ignition switches around here.
Enjoy.
Gary

Yes, there is information on cleaning the ignition switch which in many cases solves the problem without the cost of a new switch. Also, congratulations on your new bike! It looks great!

Yes, there is information on cleaning the ignition switch which in many cases solves the problem without the cost of a new switch. Also, congratulations on your new bike! It looks great!

Dscelza,

Go to "Kbikes DIY/ Tech Library" just above "Post a Picture of Your Kbike" and look for "Ignition Switch Cleaning."

:dance:dance:dance

Rotti - Our 2002 K1200RS

I'm a bit biased towards the Frost-Blau/Marrakeschrot paint job.

This is our 2002 K1200RS at the Geronimo Surrenders Monument in Apache, AZ.

Attachments

• Geronimo Surrenders Rotti LR.jpg
    Geronimo Surrenders Rotti LR.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 208
2003 k1200rs

I bought this K1200RS new from Lone Star BMW in Austin TX. Being a die-hard Airhead it's the bike I swore I'd never own..... now it's the bike I swear I'll never part with. Never say never.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    908.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I bought this K1200RS new from Lone Star BMW in Austin TX. Being a die-hard Airhead it's the bike I swore I'd never own..... now it's the bike I sear I'll never part with. Never say never.

I have a 2003 just like it, which I bought new, and I'll never sell it, either. BMW hasn't made anything before or since quite like the K1200RS, and it provides a style of riding that fits me like a glove. :dance

I bought this K1200RS new from Lone Star BMW in Austin TX. Being a die-hard Airhead it's the bike I swore I'd never own..... now it's the bike I sear I'll never part with. Never say never.

The '03 K on the Mexican border.... waiting for low water.

Attachments

• on the border.JPG
    on the border.JPG
    927.3 KB · Views: 165
Back