• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

seems like a lot of aiming and balancing with two hands.......

just reach down with your smart phone and take a picture..........

Don't have a smart phone and have no need of one. Put the flashlight on the sidecar frame directed in the general area of the oil window, extend the mirror down and view. Nothing to it.

I just wish it was easier to get an accurate reading without having to put the bike up on the center stand. I'm old and feeble, and lifting a 600 lb bike is a bit of a chore for me.

Roll the rear wheel onto a small board. Putting the bike onto the centre stand then becomes very easy. :thumb

K75 riding in June in Wyoming

My brother visited and we rode my K75 bikes for 3-days around Wyoming. This is a picture of him despairing as we kept running into bizarre meteorological phenomena. But we made it through and had an epic trip:

Attachments

• beatensml.jpg
    beatensml.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 263
Yesterday after a fun ride...

_DSC4180.jpg

I hit a large planter with my right boot as I was attempting to park on my front patio. I used my 2 ton engine lift to get the shiny side up! Only a few scratches on the lower case and fortunately, I dropped the bike on the right side to avoid a smoking engine.... life is good.

Haven't posted a photo of my K75RT in a while...

i-9rBtp4j-X2.jpg

View attachment 65077

I hit a large planter with my right boot as I was attempting to park on my front patio. I used my 2 ton engine lift to get the shiny side up! Only a few scratches on the lower case and fortunately, I dropped the bike on the right side to avoid a smoking engine.... life is good.

They all take a nap from time to time :)
OM

View attachment 65077

yes, those 2 ton engine lifts are handy for waking a bike from a nap at home...

i will not admit to how I am familiar with that technique...:banghead

Was able to squeeze another ride in this year. We don't get this nice weather in December often! My diff bearings went out in the middle of summer so I had to wait a bit to get back in the saddle.
212a12a1872c7360cb9d343d55b0d60a.jpg
14558abbef0f0c2ccfd2d1d3913a6084.jpg
189737d1170bb223bfc8f360c0d7841c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Beautiful bike, and beautiful photography! How many miles did you have on your bike by the time the rear drive went out?

Thanks for comments! Differential was actually ok, it's just the paralevel bearings that failed right before I was supposed to head out on a 2k road trip this summer. I bought the factory bearings (92 each - ouch) and was about to replace em. I knew about the Rubber Chicken racing bushing kit, but did not care for it after reading the reviews. I was just about to install the factory bearings and found a new product : http://www.beemershop.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TRA11094 . I had to wait over a month for the parts as they were not in stock. I finally got them installed at the end August. Bike was parked July till August as the rear tire was rubbing on the drive shaft housing. I have about 600 miles on the kit and love it. Bike has had this instability at highway speeds, and I've checked everything out and didn't find any play in the diff. I finally found out after a long ride that the tire was rubbing and that's when I knew.... Bearings are the fault.

Bike has 49k now. Pics taken with no filters on a Galaxy S8

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Back